What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 286 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
Just click the 'image' icon (looks like a painting) above the text entry box, and paste the URL into the popup. It's easier!

Unfortunately it does not work for me, I get the image properties box up and cannot get rid of it. I have to press the return button to get back out of the page.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Lost Angeles said:
WHY HAVE WE MADE IT SO COMPLICATED TO POST PICTURES OR AM I THICK.It used to be so easy.

I still do it the same way as I used to. Find image via Google, right click 'copy image', then right click 'paste', then a box pops up, so right click 'paste' in that box too.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
A Walk On The Wild Side

NM copy waiting for me when I got in from work tonight. *biggrin*

edit: and then...

Nebula/Lowrider split EP

Steve Mason - Boys Outside

Ray LaMontagne - Til The Sun Burns Black

I bought Iron Maiden, Somewhere in Time. I think I now have this on all formats. Cassette CD and Vinyl. It is a favourite of mine.

also bought Machine Head and Slipknots new albums on cd, even though I have both them on vinyl too.

It would be nice if you could buy all albums in a multi format pack.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
I bought Iron Maiden, Somewhere in Time. I think I now have this on all formats. Cassette CD and Vinyl. It is a favourite of mine.

also bought Machine Head and Slipknots new albums on cd, even though I have both them on vinyl too.

It would be nice if you could buy all albums in a multi format pack.

i ended up going bonkers recently and buying the Iron Maiden boxset containing the first 3 albums, plus Piece Of Mind, Powerslave & Somewhere In Time. Seventh Son... would complete the set of 80s albums but I never cared for that one. I still have my Live After Death double LP bought back in 1987. Just a bit crackly, but I also have the DVD. m/ m/

I was torn between piece of mind, somewhere in time and Powerslave. They had them all at HMV today,

i wanted to buy them all, but after the big spend on the turntable last week, I had to behave myself, and just buy one album.

Ill be back for another in a few weeks.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Waxy said:
Ending the night with the Damo Suzuki & Oresund Space Collective triple album. A nice bit of Space Rock Can-Style. *dirol*

I've wanted to hear that one. Some friends of mine performed with him a few years ago, I missed that but would be interested to hear what he's up to these days.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Lost Angeles said:
WHY HAVE WE MADE IT SO COMPLICATED TO POST PICTURES OR AM I THICK.It used to be so easy.

I still do it the same way as I used to. Find image via Google, right click 'copy image', then right click 'paste', then a box pops up, so right click 'paste' in that box too.
When I right click paste it asks me about access to a clipboard and sod all happens no matter what I do.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I can't seem to post anymore unless I sign out and in several times. I've written several of my usual guff-riddled lengthy posts recently only to find they've triggered the spam filter.

Frustratingly and reluctantly, it's goodbye from me.

Regards and all the best in the vinyl and real worlds to Jim, BBB, Mr Pronster et al.

(I'll keep on reading threads but I really can't be bothered trying to post amything anymore because of the tedium of verification and the above)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Please don't go Charlie.

I had the same problem, and after posting about it in the 'About The Site' section, it was all sorted.

Seriously, please don't go.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

You're a good man Charlie, and the forum needs you. I know it's a PITA at the moment, but there's a few of us that would really miss you if you left, not least JIm W and myself.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Charlie, I feel your pain, but as BigBern says, don't go before telling the Management about it and trying to get them to sort out the problem. Hope you find a way through, as it would be a shame to lose you.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
It is a pain posting on the forum as I always seem to have to complete the word verification. (Have to again to complete this post, if you want word verification put it there at the beginning rather than rejecting it, is anyone listening?).Very frustrating and can't believe they haven't sorted it. It is worse on the iPad than from a desktop which is a bit surreal given that a large part of the mag these days seems to be given over to tablets and ways to improve their sound via dacs and wireless speakers.

Your ramblings are appreciated on here.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Charlie

I had the same spam filter nonsense and I could only post when I removed a very mild swear word. I don't know if that was the problem with your post but I just thought I'd mention it. If I typed like I spoke, my posts would be full of swearing and I think it's absolutely ridiculous that we are made to speak like children in an adult forum.

Anyway, nice to hear from you, Charlie; you don't need me to tell you that I would miss you terribly. Half of these people play records with titles that resemble an extract from one of Hitler's speeches...in the original German, but not you, Charlie and I'm warmly familiar with a good deal of your stuff.

Hope you continue to post; I refuse to say 'goodbye'.

All the best. No doubt this will trigger the spam, spam, spam and spam filter.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jimbo

I also had the word verification thing, so contact MODS, I'm sure they'll sort it for you.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim-W said:
Hi Charlie

I had the same spam filter nonsense and I could only post when I removed a very mild swear word. I don't know if that was the problem with your post but I just thought I'd mention it. If I typed like I spoke, my posts would be full of swearing and I think it's absolutely ridiculous that we are made to speak like children in an adult forum.

Anyway, nice to hear from you, Charlie; you don't need me to tell you that I would miss you terribly. Half of these people play records with titles that resemble an extract from one of Hitler's speeches...in the original German, but not you, Charlie and I'm warmly familiar with a good deal of your stuff.

Hope you continue to post; I refuse to say 'goodbye'.

All the best. No doubt this will trigger the spam, spam, spam and spam filter.

Well said Jim.

Do you know JJ Johnson 'Proof Positive'? Only I saw a really good copy amongst some less than good albums at an auction tonight, and I could possibly pick it up for £4 or so.

Thanks

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
You're a good man Charlie, and the forum needs you. I know it's a PITA at the moment, but there's a few of us that would really miss you if you left, not least JIm W and myself.

Thiis made me laugh! It reminded me of a First World War recruitment campaign. You're right though, BBB, I would miss Charlie and I'm sure many others have benefited from his knowledge and expertise when discussing music.

This part of the forum is much gentler than the horrible hifi section which, currently, as you'll be aware, BBB, is full of nastiness re a certain flightless bird who has actually managed to fly away. I thought some of the comments were really unpleasant to be honest. We're all capable of stupidity and fighting corners that we know are busted flushes as I think he did from time to time. I think that's ok; I like daftness and bloody-mindrdness...it's harmless enough. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, gentler and more repectful, yes, so that's why we feel a bit shocked and upset when one of our friends wants to call it a day. And we won't curse him and call him behind his back when he's gone...well, not until you can send private messages on here!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim-W said:
And we won't curse him and call him behind his back when he's gone...well, not until you can send private messages on here!

I've got his email address, so I can abuse him as much as I like. *biggrin*

PS. Did you see my above post about JJ Johnson?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
One of my oldest LPs..

Cream-Heavy-Cream.jpg

.. a great introduction into the world of Cream.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts