What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 225 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
Space Age Bachelor Pad Music - Stereolab

I need more Stereolab,

They are truly great. When they lock into a groove and or a tune there's nothing quite like it, is there.

I'm ashamed to say I own no Stereolab vinyl, just 2 cds (Switched On/Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements)

Jenny Ondioline - awesome stuff.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
Hi BBB,

I'll get back to you on other artists as varied as Albarn. If I can think of any that is but for starters, Elvis Costello springs to mind.

I know what you're saying with the Costello nomination, but I haven't heard enough of him to either agree or disagree, but my gut tells me that his output is neither as varied, or tuneful. :)

I'll leave "tuneful" to one side for now. As for varied, I'll throw the following into the ring:

The original run of four new-wave albums, the Beatles-y concept album (Imperial Bedroom), the one with Presley's session band (King Of America), the string quartet album (The Juliette Letters), an opera, a swing jazz LP, an album with Alain Toussiant, the recent one with The Roots, a torch song LP on Deutsche Gramaphon and above all the demented beast that is Blood & Chocolate. Maybe it's simply that I'm more of a Costello fan.

This thread will become something of a deleted scene/paragraph from High Fidelity. Long live music. And debate. And ranting.

I'm definitely not going to argue with you Charlie, your musical knowledge is much respected in the Bresslaw household, and I can certainly see your point with Mr MacManus (a fellow LFC supporter too).

Solex Vs The Hitmeister?

Hi BBB,

I know nothing of Solex. Is it/are they a current thing. I'm intrigued. Will it involve spending more money!!!????

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
Hi BBB,

I know nothing of Solex. Is it/are they a current thing. I'm intrigued. Will it involve spending more money!!!????

More money Charlie I'm afraid. :grin:

You may or may not like it, I'm really not sure, but I love this album.

Here's a sampler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otz237OJGeE

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I can't leave you alone for 5 minutes and you're arguing Blur versus Oasis versus The Beatles versus Elvis . Who are the kings of British pop? It's like entering a time-warp. Then BBB he quoth,'The White album, she is half rubbish. Damon, he is better.' What drugs are you chaps on?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim-W said:
I can't leave you alone for 5 minutes and you're arguing Blur versus Oasis versus The Beatles versus Elvis . Who are the kings of British pop? It's like entering a time-warp. Then BBB he quoth,'The White album, she is half rubbish. Damon, he is better.' What drugs are you chaps on?

Mainly Tramadol. :grin:

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Jim-W said:

Mainly Tramadol. :grin:

And here's me thinking it was something that distorted reality. Just shows you how much I know.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
51TCNvlq8nL._SY450_.jpg

Glad I bought this, stonking good re-issue.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
Hi BBB,

More money Charlie I'm afraid. :grin:

You may or may not like it, I'm really not sure, but I love this album.

Here's a sampler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otz237OJGeE

Thanks for the link, BBB. I don't recall this the first time around. It's pretty good. Like the female vocal set against the pop-drone music.

Not sure if it's one for my "to buy" list just yet, I'll see.

Have you cranked up A Minor Forest's LP yet?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
Thanks for the link, BBB. I don't recall this the first time around. It's pretty good. Like the female vocal set against the pop-drone music.

Not sure if it's one for my "to buy" list just yet, I'll see.

Try and listen to the whole album Charlie, it's a grower, and it's right up there with some of my favourite albums.

Charlie Jefferson said:
Have you cranked up A Minor Forest's LP yet?

Not had a chance yet, but I was hoping to have a session this weekend, but now I'm working Saturday and Sunday, so it'll have to wait.

Pleased with the copy I bought, the sleeve has a bit of damage, but it only cost me £8 including postage, and the records are supposedly unplayed.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
It's a sunny Spring day, so it's Sugar & Mould time:

Copper Blue

Beaster

Workbook

Now that guy can truly play the geetar!!

Oh, and arrange for cello.

Oh, and cash in his chips with music for WWF (Wrestling not wildlife).

Oh, and make noise sound so beautiful.

Oh, and sing like his hurt is innate, irresolute and beyond redemption.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts