What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 110 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Olivia Tremor Control - Music From The Unrealized Film Script Dusk At Cubist Castle

51h1a3d5zEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I don't think my builders' radio is tuned into that mighty fine frequency.

Enjoy.

Not an original, but an excellent re-issue. Really nice.

I'm working on a large house at the moment, and some of the other trades enjoy KIss FM. It's the worst, like a bad night out in a small town.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Olivia Tremor Control - Music From The Unrealized Film Script Dusk At Cubist Castle

51h1a3d5zEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I don't think my builders' radio is tuned into that mighty fine frequency.

Enjoy.

Not an original, but an excellent re-issue. Really nice.

I'm working on a large house at the moment, and some of the other trades enjoy KIss FM. It's the worst, like a bad night out in a small town.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Great re-issue! Presume it's the same as mine: double vinyl with bonus tracks attached to the digital download. Good price too, thanks to the guys in Crash Records, Leeds.

I visited my bomb site house today and progress is definitely being made. Six weeks in, with two more to go they say. We'll see.

What's your line of work, may I ask?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Managed to get some vinyl time last night...

Some solid Americana in the shape of Miles Nielsen...worth checking out via his own website

http://milesnielsen.com/

Then the glorious Billie Holiday on Analogue Productions (45rpm)...

A

Anonymous

Half Man Hlaf Biscuit Back in the DHSS

John Coltrane Blue Train (2lp 180grm mono and stereo)

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Early birthday present, the almost complete works of soul-man Syl Johnson. 6 remastered lps, 4 CDs and a lovely descriptive book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Mythology-VINYL-Syl-Johnson/dp/B0042GNDWU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367504175&sr=8-4&keywords=Syl+Johnson.

I ordered last month from Amazon at £65 (great value), but looks like they are playing their price-manipulation games again. Why is it now over £95 ?

A

Anonymous

DandyCobalt said:
Early birthday present, the almost complete works of soul-man Syl Johnson. 6 remastered lps, 4 CDs and a lovely descriptive book.

How do they sound looks a bargain

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Mythology-VINYL-Syl-Johnson/dp/B0042GNDWU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367504175&sr=8-4&keywords=Syl+Johnson.

I ordered last month from Amazon at £65 (great value), but looks like they are playing their price-manipulation games again. Why is it now over £95 ?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
Great re-issue! Presume it's the same as mine: double vinyl with bonus tracks attached to the digital download. Good price too, thanks to the guys in Crash Records, Leeds.

I visited my bomb site house today and progress is definitely being made. Six weeks in, with two more to go they say. We'll see.

What's your line of work, may I ask?

Painter & Decorator now, though have worked for Our Price and Tower Records in the past.

A

Anonymous

Squire September Gurls

The Barry Gray Orchestra No Strings Attached

Prince Buster Judge Dredd Rock Steady

Soon to be followed by

The Style Council Our Favourite Shop

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Pulp v Soulwax RSD 12", be careful as one side 45rpm the other 33rpm so if you get it wrong Jarvis sounds like Pinky & Perky

Primal Scream RSD 12"

Orange Juice -Rip It Up (LP)

White Stripes - Elephant

Savages - Silence Yourself

Portishead - Roseland NYC Live

John Coltrane - Giant Steps

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
andybeau said:
DandyCobalt said:

How do they sound looks a bargain

As a package it's really great. Some of the sound quality is not brilliant, as I expect they can only work with what has survived.

But Syl is an artist that I've only recently become familiar with, and to hear all his music you then realise just how important (but relatively unknown) he was.

TRENDING THREADS