What TV to buy

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I saw the programme live, and I was irritated at the lack of technical expertise of the presenter. I suppose that with very limited time, the husband and wife experts couldn't get into more technical discussions. Yet, we on this and similar forums must remember that the low level of decision-making shown in the programme is probably typical of how most people buy their televisions. Oh, one disagreement - I think that the viewing distances given in the programme are at least 50% too long. For instance, I think that 7 to 10 feet from a 60" television is about correct.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't too sold on the comments about sound quality: yes, agree that most TVs sound pants, and adding a soundbar is a wise move, but listening to them in free space in an enormous ballroom isn't really a fair test, when mostly TVs will be used on or against a wall. In that case, the sound going straight to the wall, as the 'expert' commented, might be an advantage, as the sound may be designed to bounce from the wall and out into the room.

Or was this a strange attempt at listening to the TVs in semi-anechoic conditions?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts