What sub for now but to support upgrade?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Forum,

Any suggestions on a Sub for my current set up but also one that could survive an upgrade?

MJ Acoustics 100ref and Velodyne SPL800 are options?

Current set up - C/A 640 Azur '05 set up with Project III, Diamond 9.1 L/S, Equinox stand, Atlas bi-wire, C/A interconnects, Atacama speaker stands.

Regards

Danny

A

Anonymous

I'm not familiar with the MJ unit or the SPL800 but I have the Velodyne CHT-12R and it totally rocks. I dont think you can go far wrong with a Velo. It depends really what you're looking for - a BIG sub for predominantly movies or one that can hang with music too? My unit is a 12", 300W and handles both well. From memory the SPL800 got very good reviews.

A

Anonymous

Some argue that having two subs is better than two, so you could plan to upgrade the subs themselves by buying one now, one later. I've only heard this in demos, but dual subs will improve the stereo effect of the bass and the soundstage (and are especially useful if you have inconsistent bass in different areas of your room). However, if this is a music-only system, then speed and musicality are important in a sub, over slam and size (which is better for home cinema), and these are unlikely to improve with having 2 subs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts