What stylus.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am going to need a replacement stylus for my aged Dual turntable.

Prices vary from about £50 down to about £8 for a "generic" one. I assume the expensive stylus will give better sound quality but is there any evidence of this?

Any advice much appreciated.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
kernow10:
I am going to need a replacement stylus for my aged Dual turntable.

Prices vary from about £50 down to about £8 for a "generic" one. I assume the expensive stylus will give better sound quality but is there any evidence of this?

Any advice much appreciated.

Funny you should ask, I just today fitted my new Ortofon 2M Red catridge to my Project Debut II. Real and very noticable improvement, even my missus says so and she doesn't really pay attention to things like this.

I don't know what your turntable cost originally, or where it would stack up against today's tables but it's worth spending a bit of dosh on it.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
If you are just replacing the stylus and not the whole cart, I would go for a genuine Ortofon OM5E stylus - needlesandspins.co.uk have one for £37. Saying that, the far better OM10 stylus is only £8 more and would make a worthwhile difference.

Having had mixed experiences with 3rd party styli, I personally would steer clear of cheaper alternatives.

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
I've just replaced my Debut 2 with a brand new Debut 3 - and I put the OM10 stylus that I had on the Debut 2 onto the Debut 3 straight away - I would recommend an OM10 stylus any day - it gives so much more

TRENDING THREADS