what style speaker package would be good for the yamaha dsp ax863se

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for a style speaker package with small high performing satallite speakers (my wife does'nt want huge speakers on the floor as we have 2 very young inquisitive toddlers!) that will perform well with the yamaha dsp ax863se . I was considering the mission m cube , jamo a102hcs5 or q acoustics q-av. Your help on this quandary would be appreciated. Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have just set up my new Q-AV 5.1 system and very happy with it.

I also have a very young family and being able to mount the rears up high out of the way is a big help. I have also mounted the "sound bar"/LCR above the TV to keep out of harms way - only slight issue is vetelation of the tv but I have left a gap and it still looks very good.

The Sub is very unobtrusive too.

I was very impressed with the build quality of it all and the ease of installation. There are some good deals around on it at present.

A

Anonymous

I have the 763 and the M-Cubes and i am very happy with them and also they have no drivers for little fingers to push in

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Depending on how much you want to spend, i would look at these Kef 2005.3, Kef 3005 se and Tannoy arena Lite. The two Kef packages where awarded 5 stars for 2008 and are great compact style speakers, whilst the Tannoys are also a good package and well worth auditioning.With current reductions you should be able to get all of these for less than £800 Try Sevenoaks for the Kefs and Creative Audio for the the Tannoys, imo i would look at the Kef 3005 se or the Tannoys slightly better centre and hence better sounding dialog. The kefs and Tannoys will sing with that amp, Qed xt speaker cable for the fronts and micro would be suitable for the rears, Qed psw sub cable and you sorted. Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Very happy with the Kef 2005.3's with my 763 - maybe the 3005's would be ideally suited to the 863.

Movie performance is as much as I could wish for and musically it's not too shabby, although I'm still tweaking that side of things.

A

Anonymous

I have the Kef 2005.3s with 763 and the panny bd35 and am very happy with this set-up. My room is 9m x 6m and it fills it with enough sound to keep me happy. Infact a have to turn it down a bit at night so i dont upset my neighbour.

Managed to buy this set-up for £900 all in. Very happy at that price!

A

Anonymous

You are likley to find it easier to find discounts on Kefs

B&W MT20 £954

Kef 3005SE £899

You really want us all to say Kef 2005.3 £489 silver or Kef 2005.2 £399 Silver

Why not pair them with DSP- AX763 £284. Bargain.

A

Anonymous

I purchased the Yamaha 863 with the KEF 2005.3. Did lots of research and auditioned many. The combination of the Yamaha with the Kef was amazing. They are also very wife friendly in the black gloss!! I also have 2 yound kids so they were ideal. Have a look at Hi-Spek they are doing package deal for £1039. Then sit back and enjoy

A

Anonymous

Hi, I'm lucky enough to have the 863SE as well and have the Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom speakers (good package price with the amp and great service from Creative Audio). Not sure if they are defined as style speakers but are fairly compact and combined with the 863se sound fantastic - Mamma Mia on Bluray last night sounded superb.

Hope this helps

Ian

A

Anonymous

thanks very much for the advise & informatiom to everyone who responded, much appreciated. cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts