What standmount speakers and CD player would you recommend to go with a Quad Vena II

robdmarsh

For stand mount speakers recommendation, I'm totally in love with Triangle esprit Titus EZ. I've had these for two months and it still amaze me how good these little gems sound. They may be little but they certainly don't sound it - they project sound beautifully if your room is not huge and vocals and acoustic instruments sound incredibly life-like.
Also, don't believe those who say they have a "hot" treble! I run a mile from harshness in the upper frequencies and they absolutely are not harsh with the amplifiers I've heard them with, the Marantz mcr603 and the Denon pma 800ne.
Not cheap, but total quality and very refined sounding, look out for bargains online.

Reactions: Al ears
For stand mount speakers recommendation, I'm totally in love with Triangle esprit Titus EZ. I've had these for two months and it still amaze me how good these little gems sound. They may be little but they certainly don't sound it - they project sound beautifully if your room is not huge and vocals and acoustic instruments sound incredibly life-like.
Also, don't believe those who say they have a "hot" treble! I run a mile from harshness in the upper frequencies and they absolutely are not harsh with the amplifiers I've heard them with, the Marantz mcr603 and the Denon pma 800ne.
Not cheap, but total quality and very refined sounding, look out for bargains online.
A brand that is often sorely overlooked if not always due to the lack of dealers.

D

Deleted member 195594

Personally I would look at Quad's own speakers like the S2.

As for CD I would look at a transport only like Audiolab 6000 CDT.

I own a pair of Quad S2s, but not the Veena, although I did audition the Veena with the S2s and they sounded lovely, just found the Veena a tad polite for my taste but definitely a very pleasant, easy going combo.

I ended up with the Naim 5si as I had the budget to go a little further than the Veena and look at other amps. As for the S2s, I fell in love with them, and they were locked in to my system choices from first listen more or less.

I also have the Audiolab 6000 CDT; for the money, a no brainer, sounds great, no problems at all. I know some worry about the slot-loading and scratches but I haven't encountered that at all.

Good look with your system 👍

robdmarsh

A brand that is often sorely overlooked if not always due to the lack of dealers.
Totally overlooked imo. These are terrific speakers, best I've heard under £1000. They've supplanted my love for Elac speakers. I think still think Elac are wonderful but they are more fussy about amplifier partnering as they are harder to drive. These Triangle beauties reveal just how much performance you can squeeze from a well-designed low powered class D like the Marantz mcr603.

Reactions: Al ears
Totally overlooked imo. These are terrific speakers, best I've heard under £1000. They've supplanted my love for Elac speakers. I think still think Elac are wonderful but they are more fussy about amplifier partnering as they are harder to drive. These Triangle beauties reveal just how much performance you can squeeze from a well-designed low powered class D like the Marantz mcr603.
I would urge anyone to try and listen to this manufacturers speakers, unfortunately not too easy here in the UK

robdmarsh

I think in this day and age we all know that auditioning apart from the usual (boring) suspects, MA, Bowers at al is pretty much impossible. My advice is take a punt on them, quite a lot of retailers have a good returns policy these days. I bought the Titus for £550 on an open box returned item, and there was a 30 day return on the pair that I bought. Brand new they are pretty hard to find and one retailer where they can reliably be sourced, Premium sound, is selling them new for £899. Seriously thought, they kick into a cocked hat anything I've heard from B&W, MA, Dali and Wharfedale. Finish is beautiful too, best imitation real wood veneer I've seen without incurring the cost of real wood veneer.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The MS20i Pearl Edition speakers were excellent with my old NAIT 5i/CD5i/NAT05 system. Fitted like a glove. My priorities are all different now and it’s all about convenience and space. All the ‘big, heavy cardboard box’ stuff will be going pretty soon (Marantz, Audio Note and JPW speakers and Quad Vena) and it’ll all be replaced with small wireless and BT stuff with small powered/active ‘speakers. (With a very compact Pro-ject CD player as the only concession to ‘old fashioned’ formats to service my much reduced CD collection.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts