What Speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have just purchased a Onkyo TX-SR607 Theatre amp - can anyone suggest some loudpseakers to match with it at around £500 (I already have a subwoofer).

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Plenty of options really, could go for a pair of Tannoy Mercury F1 speakers, or the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s, the Monitor Audio BR1s / BR2s or the Mordaunt Short 902is etc. etc. etc. each with their respective partnering centre speaker.

It's really just a case of listening to a few options to make sure they fit in with your requirements and match with your sub. What sub do you have?

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
For around £500 i would look at some floorstanders for fronts like the Tannoy Mercury F4 customs and the F1 customs for rears and FC centre hunt around you should be able to get them for under £500. Or the floorstaning Q Acoustic 1030i at £200 1050i at £300 and add the 1010i for rears and centre. Not sure about you sub but these will provide ample bass and also quite good in stero and you will only need to worry about one set of stands for rears or wall brackets. If you prefer standmounted speakers then a set of f1 customs, Q Acoustics or even some Quadlites that ive got . I think there £995 with sub so you may be able to get them under £500 without.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i had this problem and went for the MA br5's class for £425 and the centre was roughly £135 so its it little over budget then just get some cheap rears and save for some br1's. But i was impressed with quad which they were doing good deals at hifix in coventry. You will get i guess each person tell you different products you have to find what sounds good to you. I would say that if you go richer sounds they are very helpfull at demo's with there onkyo's so that would save you take your amp round with you. 1 last thing it seems over the top but say you see a pair of speakers u like take your amp if they dont have it cause it might sound a million miles away good luck let us know what you go for. simon

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
I have the onkyo 606 amp and bought some kef iQ5se's for £269 the iQ2c for £119 and the iQ1's on e-bay for £100 not bad for £488.

panasonic 50px70 / panasonic bd30 / panasonic ex87 / onkyo 606 / kef iQ5se's / kef iQ2c / kef iQ1's on atacama stands / kef 1005 for back surrounds / bk xls 200 mk2 sub.

A

Anonymous

You have not gave enough info on what you want, what size room? what sub? Style speakers or boxes?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts