What speakers will go with my NAD system???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ownde a NAD C541i CD player and C370 Amplifier for 5 years now and am looking for new speakers. Purchased a set of JBL XTi20's which i thought sounded good in the shop at the time but now feel its time for a change. I feel the JBL's are too bassy and are also physically too large for my new living room. I would like something smaller, more responsive and not too fussy when it comes to positioning for around £500.

Loud & Clear in Glasgow recommended Monitor Audio's RS1's as their punch would compliment the NAD's gutsy sound. They also recommended a pair of Totem Dreamcatchers which i fealt would be too small to produce reasonable bass, but they recommended an audition with my own equipment and assured me i would be impressed! Research on the net has found Totem use Dynaudio cones coupled with their own cabinet research & manufacture.

Any advice fellow enthusiasts???

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I've had the NAD 542 CD and 325 amp for a couple of years. They are hooked up to Dali royal tower floor standers. 800 quid when I brought them but I've seen them a while ago for 500. I think they're nice little floor standers that produce a sound that has good depth and a fair wack of bass. I can't run them that loud as the room is 4.5m x 4.5m and the neighbours would start to dislike me. THe speakers have a small foot print and seem to like being about12-18 inch form the wall.

Hope that helps

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice, never really considered Dali as thought they'd be outwith my price range.

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
I know what you mean some of the other dali ranges are abit steep. I've never seen a review for the royal towers though but if you can find a pair its well worth a listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts