WHAT SPEAKERS TO PARTNER WITH ALL NAIM KIT

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I intend to buy the Naim Pre/Power set up, including the (Pre) Nac 152XS and (Power) Nap 155XS. 
The best speakers I have found to partner the set up is the Spendor A6's. 
However, does anyone know of any standmount speakers that will suit this set up, because my room is fairly small. (4x3 meters).  

A

Anonymous

I'm surprised you're looking to put a speaker the size of the A6 in a room of that size. What about the A5? I use the SA1 in a larger room and it's pretty damn good. There are def times I want more bass (in the form of the A5?) but then there are times I love the clarity (that the A5 would trade off).

A

Anonymous

I know what you mean. The only thing is that I managed to get away with floorstanders before which sounded quiet good.ÿ
Other than the Spendor SA1's can you recommend any other speakers that suit this set up well?

A

Anonymous

Well if you favour the bassier sound of floorstanders but are open to trying some standmounters, then you could try out some Dynaudios. I've heard that they go well with Naim kit of your standard. Maybe try the Contour S1.4.

I thought the Nait amp worked very pleasingly with the Naim n-Sats. If you can find a pair with the matching sub then I think you'd be on to a real winner.

Evlampi

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Good match for Naim are:

Atc

Dynaudio

Totem

Vienna acoustics

Proac

Monitor audio

Neat

and others ....

For a room like yours i`d try Atc Scm 11, or Dyn Focus 110 first :)

Btw my room is almost the same size ... my kit is Naim too and i`m in a search of speakers just like you ... but not now - money issues :)

So whatever you try - i`d like to read a large review :)

Alonso73

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
dean9:
Hi Guys,
I intend to buy the Naim Pre/Power set up, including the (Pre) Nac 152XS and (Power) Nap 155XS.
However, does anyone know of any standmount speakers that will suit this set up, because my room is fairly small. (4x3 meters).

Hi. As someone already said. NAIM/NEAT is a match made in heaven. My room is also quite small (3.30 x 4.10 x 2.40) I love/need bass at low volumes and I am in love with my Naim Nait XS/Neat Motive 2 combo! Plus the highs of the Focal tweeters in the Neats is pure honey....

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Take your Spendor A6 budget (£2k ?) up a notch and try Naim Allae speakers. (£2.5k)

Or...

Naim N-Sats (£770) and N-Sub (£1600).

'Keeping it in the family' might work and in a small room you may not even need an N-Sub.

A

Anonymous

Ive noticed that the Neat Motives are a very good match for the Naim systems.ÿ

The Motive 3's despite their floorstanding appearance, possess many of the characteristics of standmounts, which make it a very attractive option.ÿÿ

dean9:

Ive noticed that the Neat Motives are a very good match for the Naim systems.

The Motive 3's despite their floorstanding appearance, possess many of the characteristics of standmounts, which make it a very attractive option.

With your sort of budget I'd look at Neat Momentum 3i. Or as an outside recommendation the Leema Xone's lean character and agility would suit the Naims well....

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
dean9: Hi Guys,

We tend to find the most popular choices with the Naim pre/power are ATC, KEF, Spendor, but in particular, ProAc. As far as standmounts are concerned, try the Response D1 and D2, the ATC SCM11 and 19, Spendor SA1, and it might be worth tracking down the KEF Reference 201/2 - there's a few B Stock ones doing the rounds within your budget - excellent for use against walls, extremely clean sounding, and great bass, which ports upwards. There's also some B Stock Monitor Audio PL100's around too.

I'm guessing if you like the smoother sound of the Spendors, it'll either be the new Monitor Audio RX series or the ProAc range that may take your fancy. If you stick to floorstanders, try the KEF XQ30 or X40 and the ProAc Response D18's with the A6's.

A

Anonymous

dean9:

Hi Guys,

Dean,

Try and get to listen to the Zu Essence on the end of the Naim Pre/Power, they are probably not on your pricing agenda and not being standmounts, but personally after hearing them that is where I would start, they do not get in the way of the music.

BR

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts