What speakers to pair with Award Winning Denon DM37?

Loczki

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I am quite sure i will be getting a small system, using the new Denon DM37DAB, but what small standmounts would be best paired with it?
The Wharfedale 9.1? or possibly Q ACOUSTICS 1010i?
Also, would the Denon be able to power a subwoofer, to make a 2.1 system?
My budget is 200-300 pounds.
Cheers

John Duncan

Yup, either of those would be a good choice, I'd probably plump for the Diamonds. I'm also fairly sure the Denon has a sub-woofer preout to feed a powered sub, so 2.1 is perfectly possible. Will just check...

EDIT - yes it does.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Loadsa choice. Nigh on anything in the budget range will suit, Tannoy, Wharfedale 9s and 9.1s, 1010i, etc. Also include the Monitor Audio BR1 (not a WHF tested speaker, but very good)

Loczki

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Would the Wharfedale SW150 be a good sub to pair with it you think?
Are the Tannoy F1s still worth their weight with the price change?
Cheers

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Dunno about the sub, so can't advise on that. I've never seriously considered it as something I want to add on to my Denon, tho I did toy with the idea for a short time. More than delighted with the sound I already have. Wouldn't go rushing out to buy a sub at the same time as the speakers. Get your speakers, give it a good listen for a bit, and you may decide the sub is an unnecessary extra.

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I've had mine for 10 months now with Tannoy F1's so both well run in. I wouldn't see the need to add a sub myself. I also tried it with Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's for awhile but much prefer it with the Tannoy's. The Tannoy's are available for £87.95 at www.audioaffair.co.uk and they don't charge delivery. I have always had good advice and service from them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts