Question What speakers should I upgrade to?

mr_baker644

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
It's probably best to get yourself down to your local HiFi shop to test a few models out, as your price range is a very competitive one with lots of choice.

What speakers do you currently use, and what sort of improvements are you looking for?

Any reason why floorstanders? Much more bang for buck from stand mounts at the price point. Also way more value going second hand. Is that something you're prepared to do?
Well they do and they don't....
If you factor a couple of hundred quid for decent stands onto the standmount speakers then there isn't any comparison.
If the OP has space for placement then floorstanders will often prevail for a given budget.
So I feel you are correct but only if the OP can allow the addition of a decent pair of stands....... and he did ask for standmounts

Last edited:
Reactions: insider9

Ozzzy189

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
I still think a great pair of 500 quid standmounts plus stands will be better than any floorstanders of similar money. More musical, tighter bass and easier to position. Usually, but not always. I've never ever been a fan of cheaper FS, they always seem less enjoyable and far more difficult to position.
A nice little pair of Linn 109s might be a good shout, especially second hand. You could also dig out an older pair of dynaudios for that money too. I'd probably look in the classified section of avf / lejonklou forums etc

Dom

I'd go with floor standers at this money, even though stand mounts offer better value. I'd say better over all SQ with floor standers. Some prefer stand mounters, but from what I've heard floor standers have better sound

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts