What Speakers for my Onkyo 876

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am on a budget of around £650, I could possibly push to £750 though. I am in need of a full surround set up(5.1) that will perform well with the Beast that is the Onkyo TX-SR876. I had bought the KEF 3005SE speaker package but my mate said that was like taking the engine out of a Ford Mustang GT and putting it in Mini Metro, so I am after the more traditional type speaker. I want the speakers for use with mainly action movies and occasionally a bit music too.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Agreed on the Boss's comments on both Tannoys and KEFs, but the 876 will shape up well with speakers almost as high as you want to go.

I run my 875 with a complete PMC set-up with a substantial four-figure price-tag, and it sounds great.

A

Anonymous

The only issue I have is the Finish of that Tannoy Package. I was hoping for Black Gloss, or at least black oak. Although I did the see Tannoy Mercury package at a very attractive price of £699 with £150 included cable pack too. I was hoping for some Floorstanders, preferably Biwireable too But I suspect the price may go above my budget.

A

Anonymous

I actually auditioned that Speaker package with the Onkyo 875, I must say I was impressed. Well, thanks for the quick replies. It looks like my mind is made up lol

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
At that price the AE package would get a serious
emotion-21.gif
from me, too...

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Those two packages at Superfli are good deals, i would lean towards the Tannoy F4 customs in dark oak for £750. They do sound good with Onkyo amps and i think it would be worth spending the difference. Also for speaker cable i would choose the Chord Carnival Silverscreen and Chord Crimson sub cable. The hardest choice is going to be how you fix your rear speakers, stands or wall brackets.

A

Anonymous

Damn, the other half doesn't like the idea of the Traditional speakers, plus my 3 year old son could cause chaos with them, especially them Floorstanders.

Would the KEF 3005SE be doing the Onkyo 876 a bit of dis-service then??

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hijack yet another thread... but this is exactly the same thing I am looking at for the onkyo 876.

I am trying to decide whether to buy the ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS NEO 5.1 SPEAKER PACKAGE listed above or should I buy a pair of drastically reduced Dali suite 2.8's and tailor around those - Perhaps a pair of Tannoy Custom F1's as rear (which I already like the sound of) and keeping my current KEF Q6c and Jamo sub. Can't really demo the Dali's :( tho so opinions would be wonderful. I must admit I am drawn towards the Neo package purely for the ease of setup (and I probably can demo them this weekend).

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd go for the package: although the rear speakers are less critical in terms of tonal matching, I think the Dalis and KEF across the front could sound a bit of a mess, due to different voicing.

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
I was looking around that budget to partner with my onkyo 606 and ended up buying some kef iQ5se's,iQ2c and some iQ1's all cost me about £550. I still use my old sub at the moment from when i had my kef 1005's that i will replace shortly.

panasonic 50px70 / panasonic bd30 / panasonic dmr-ex87 / onkyo 606 / kef iQ5se's / kef iQ2c / kef iQ1's on atacama stands / kef 1005's for back surrounds / kef 1000.2 sub.

A

Anonymous

You have convinced me... I can re-use my current setup and amp in my other room that way :) I think I was just being allured away from them by the Dali speakers which I really know very little about. Thanks!

I am definitely not going down the Kef route, I have spent too long trying to find some nice Dark Apple IQ5SE's which are like hens teeth and the newer models would end up costing too much on my limited budget. Aegis Neo's here I come...

mgillespie05

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
hello guys im using A E agio 3s in 7.1 formation with my 906 and find them amazing so yes A es definatly. i also have a question about speakers ( jamo 809 5.1 package v klipsch rf 83 system can get them at cost price but witch ones ?

A

Anonymous

As a fellow AE neo and onkyo owner, i also say that for less than 700, its a damn steal for a full AE 5.1 package. My two fronts, center and sub cost me £600 on their own, and they were " B stock." The bass from the neo 3's for such a narrow speaker is sublime, they even manage to add bass to my cyrus lol. Walut finish is nice, but wish id gone for black (doh).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts