what speaker stands for Spendor bookshelf?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm still breaking in my Spendor SP2/3R at the moment, i heard these speakers are sensitive to the stands. I'm pretty picky on the bass, i like it tuneful at the same time tight and controlled. I recently got myself a pair of metal stands, which were recommended by the Spendor dealer, comparing it to the wooden stands he lent me before, the metal ones have a good solid sound, yet with wooden stands the sound are more dynamic but the bass is a little too loose for me.

Maybe i just need to give it time to break in, now im kind of curious about what stands other spendor owners use. It'll be great if you can describe the sound with your specific stands. Thanks very much for your time

A

Anonymous

I have my SA1s on filled metal stands (Apollo A4/6). The sound is a bit flabby without the sand filling. I've been trying to find the right balance of fill but my cross-corner positioning has made it difficult to cut out booming. Try half filling the stands.

Pics

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:I have my SA1s on filled metal stands (Apollo A4/6). The sound is a bit flabby without the sand filling. I've been trying to find the right balance of fill but my cross-corner positioning has made it difficult to cut out booming. Try half filling the stands. Pics

Igglebert, I'd love to hear your thoughts/review of the REL quake. Does that tiny thing do the job?

A

Anonymous

Um, for me, not really. The problem is that to get the best sound you need to position it with respect to a bass node in the room. My understanding is rough, but I believe such bass nodes are a function of where you sit. So in positioning terms I struggle to get it right for the room layout.

I've also found that it's too slow for me. Stacking 12kg of slate on the top has helped to tighten it up a bit!

The SA1s roll off at about 65Hz and really want a sub that performs well all the way up to this point. The Quake seems to suit me for a lower crossover point, i.e. just doing sub bass. It would be a good addition to a pair of floorstanders in this respect. Problem here is that there's a gap, one that is actually difficult to notice.

I think the conclusion is that I have very high expectations of what good quality bass sounds like and how it should integrate into the overall sound. I need to spend a lot more to get this right!

rocketride

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
admin said:
I'm still breaking in my Spendor SP2/3R at the moment, i heard these speakers are sensitive to the stands. I'm pretty picky on the bass, i like it tuneful at the same time tight and controlled. I recently got myself a pair of metal stands, which were recommended by the Spendor dealer, comparing it to the wooden stands he lent me before, the metal ones have a good solid sound, yet with wooden stands the sound are more dynamic but the bass is a little too loose for me.

Hi

after almost 3 years, do you have any results? The perfect stands for Spendors 2/3R are...? :)

Thanx!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts