What should manufacturers improve about blu-ray?

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
thay have come down i saw wallace and gromit for 11.99 in hmv and dirty dancing for 10.00.not exactly the films i wanted but its a start .

i think just some more back cattaloge films i love to see the improvments over the old dvd versions,(starwars ,back to the future,ghostbusters,)i would snap them up in a secound.

also when will asdas and tescos start doing players,(not that i would go for one myself) but i dont think your reguler shoper is aware you can get a player for as litlle as £150 so thay dont even think about it.if thay saw a player in asda for £110 thay might just go for it.when i was showing my dad my sony350 in action he was suprised when i told him you could pick one up for £150 he thought it would have been 300+.and when thay have the player 15 notes a couple of times a month for a disc isnt much if thay can see an improvment over dvd.

as your regular shopper isnt intrested in true hd or bd live ext.a standed bluray player with no name bulk ordered to an asda could come in at less than £100 maybe.

A

Anonymous

Give control of the disk back to the person who bought it.

No trailers forced upon you.

No copyright notices until the end of the film.

Go straight to the main title menu page on loading.

Speed up the machine turn on time.

Default to the HD audio.

Allow machines to send video "source direct" or to remember which resolution you prefer for each media type, ie. DVD vs. BD.

Don't treat customers as thieves. They don't appeciate it and the pirates won't care what copyright notices studios put at the start of films anyway. The studios are preaching to the converted harranging their customers about piracy and if anything making them more disposed to do so through frustration at the appaling customer service, studio disks serve up. That is once the BluRay player has switched on and opened it's drawer, which could take about a minute and a half. Insanity.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Well said Will, this is what the majority of us really want.Lets hope they read these threads and sit up and take notice.The customer is always right as they say.Good point also Andrew.There might well be those who want all the extras but they should be listed as options.

A

Anonymous

Cheers chaps. Wonder whether they'll listen? It's as much down to the studios as the equipment manufacturers it seems.

Still, as Andrew said, they could have worked out what they were doing before launching! Great way to kill a format in it's first years. I wonder whether BluRay will take over from DVD in the end. Or will DVD hang in there as I'm not sure people are interested in the improved picture and sound, when the "film" itself can cost £10 more to have on BD over DVD.

I love my home cinema, I'm a hi-fi nut/nerd, but most people just don't care, they want it easy to use and not too expensive.