What Power-Leads?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is for the believers, I know you're out there. What mains cables do you have and what difference does it make?

Let's not discuss if or how it is technically feasible that power leads and mains conditioning can change the "sound" of hifi, especially as this is already hotly debated in another thread.

Okay, to kick off...

* Nordost Vishnu: energetic, deep and well-defined bass, brings out tons of detail, however it is a bit bright, and generally thin-sounding.

* Clearer Audio Silver-line (Wattgate 350i & furutech): rich sounding, very detailed, fantastic soundstage and imaging, excellent midrange, emphasises upper mids and bass, bass is not tight as with Nordost though.

* Van der Hul Mainsstream BS: amazing wide midrange, slightly rolled-off treble, fat bass, however not as detailed as the above two and the biggest weakness is that the bass is too loose.

* Russ Andrews Reference Powerkord: very neutral, but ultimately not as musical or detailed as the above

In my main system, i currently use two clearer audio power leads but nordost for the power amp which nicely tightens up the bass - this works better than the other way round.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
So you have not noticed from most of the threads here that it's full with cables debates, same thing been said over and over again.....well I suppose one more wouldn't hurt!

A

Anonymous

Yes, but it would be useful to have a reviews thread instead of a thread that is mainly debating the general issue of whether it makes any difference at all.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Surely if you want to CLEAN your power to your equimpent you have to start at as early a point in the power supply as possible? I own a 1930's built house which I have re-wired form top to bottom including a top quailty RCD fuseboard(not a Wicks special) and there is now no trace of interferance between any thing electrical in the house but I still choose to use Merlin Power cables for my av equipment. It all comes down to personal choice at the end of the day.

A

Anonymous

So Oldphrt, if I put out a "Seady Old Man" special cable with a photo of Cameron Diaz and call it Cable Charlotte, you might actually buy it? It'll have a bitchy tone, that I can guarantee.

;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts