What one album would you recommend that you think many people may not have heard?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 160668

Album: Geography.
Artist: Tom Misch

a super relaxing number, hard to describe but an incredibly unique sounding artist. I've previously recommended this on another thread to @insider9 who liked it. Give it a try and see what you reckon.

kramer2020

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
Soft Rains - Zarelli (AKA Producer and multi-instrumentalist Carwyn Ellis)

Think I heard The Children's Hour track (my favourite) on Stuart Marconies freak zone a few years ago and was intrigued.

Its a Ray Bradbury short story narrated by Leonard Nimoy with an electronic soundtrack, a bit niche but an interesting listen if only for the cold war paranoia vibe set in 2026 with robotic house cleaning mice!

Zarelli_packshot-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mknott

myrrhman

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
La Lechuza by Esmerine - it's a cello-based hybrid of post-rock and classical, contains some achingly beautiful tracks, but has a kind of quality to it I think a metal fan might appreciate

Reactions: jjbomber

vrvly

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
I got a casette recording which is almost impossible to find as the same version but digital, first few songs are at cd in france. Its classical genre. Many recordings are not available, mainly with classics if they are recreated in numerous versions but the one you heard as kid is nowhere.

Scot1970

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,

I would recommend this album as a sonic spectacular and also as a damn good piece of music that is very cathartic in this lockdown world. It is 'Symphony No. 3, "Organ"' by Camille Saint- Saens, performed by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and conducted by Daniel Barenboim. This is my favourite recording of the work. It is a great example of rich, analogue, mid 70s sound and is in turns melancholy, questioning, angry, sublimely calm and, finally, utterly thunderous.

The fillers are great, too, especially the Danse Macabre, that decidedly French take on the devil's dance in a graveyard. Brilliant stuff.

Here's a review:

Attachments

• ssob.jpg
    ssob.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 2

Rollo

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Album: Geography.
Artist: Tom Misch

a super relaxing number, hard to describe but an incredibly unique sounding artist. I've previously recommended this on another thread to @insider9 who liked it. Give it a try and see what you reckon.

Thanks for this suggestion, right up my street. It's like Jamiroquai, Daft Punk and Maxwell had a love child. Will be dancing along to this for quite a while on boring days at work... Cheers

TRENDING THREADS