What one album would you recommend that you think many people may not have heard?

Mknott

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
I'm trying to broaden my musical habits lately and break away from my staples - typically metal sung in a language I don't understand but nod along to anyway.

I've been listening to Wardruna a lot lately, it's my get out of the house exercise music because it's fairly gentle and a bit adventurous. The guy who turned me onto them described it as making him want to "run the hills at dawn", which is isn't a description I've ever had issue with and I love the album Runaljod.

What's on your hot recommendations list that isn't widely known?

Shildondurham

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
A band that I could never get my head round for not being HUGE was SunHouse the album crazy on the weekend is a thing of genius and Gavin Clarkes voice so unique. He's sadly died and is a bit of a mystical conundrum but after the break up of Sun House recorded with Clayhill and a solo album is available. His music features on most of Shane Meadows films as they were good friends. Check Crazy on the weekend out everyone and spread the word.

jcunha

Jan 12, 2020
Visit site
I could pick one outstanding album for each lesser known genre I found, but since you asked for just one and assuming most people will not enjoy extreme forms of metal I would heartily recommend this one:

Last edited:
Reactions: filipo

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I'm trying to broaden my musical habits lately and break away from my staples - typically metal sung in a language I don't understand but nod along to anyway.

I've been listening to Wardruna a lot lately, it's my get out of the house exercise music because it's fairly gentle and a bit adventurous. The guy who turned me onto them described it as making him want to "run the hills at dawn", which is isn't a description I've ever had issue with and I love the album Runaljod.

What's on your hot recommendations list that isn't widely known?

Childish Things by James McMurtry

Reactions: James105

TRENDING THREADS