What on Earth is Going On? Sound mix on E4 / Ch4?!?!?!

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Ok so whenever I'm watching a programme broadcast on E4HD or Ch4HD with a 5.1 soundtrack there is a real problem. It seems as though whenever there's a sourround mix that contains music, the centre / speach channel is far too low, and often barely audible. This as happened on so many programmes - Glee is easily the worst, but Taken was bad last night, The Event was pretty porr tonight, and a few other programmes too. It seems as though whatever they're doing to the sound mix from these American shows is totally messing up the speach. Am I the only one?

A

Anonymous

I found the same thing yesterday watching Glee, (don't judge me!! lol), on C4HD.

Found myself playing the "up/down volume game" throughout the episode.

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
yes - it's ridiculous
It's happening often and seems to be on the US progs with 5.1
My setup is pretty good, so I know it's not the amp / speakers etc, and it's only on CH4HD and E4HD.
No judgement on Glee - I watch it too :)

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
The Event was pretty poor on my set up last night as well. Surrounds far too loud in relation to centre speech channel. It was like that during the first part of the series last year as well. (And you might of thought that after a 3 month break in the storyline a couple of minutes of "previously on...." would have come in handy.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts