What...no mains cables?

theexcitableboy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Noticed no mains products in this years awards, have they had to make way for Iphones and such, or do you no longer believe guys?

I was disappointed by the absence of the Loch Ness monster too :rofl:

(Sorry, I'm still a sceptic when it comes to mains leads :? )

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
theexcitableboy said:
I was disappointed by the absence of the Loch Ness monster too

Sasquatch beat Nessy to first place for this years 'best none nonexistent entity' award.

The sound quality improvements gained by using a Russ Andrews W350i Ag mains cable would have come a close second place though.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
You mock but I'm seriously looking into a new mains cable for my Rotel ra-1520, I mean it can't hurt to try at least one out, can it?

Ahhhh well, I'll look for last years - or if any of you know which figure 8 mains cable under 50quid can make a positive difference, now that would be helpful.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
You mock but I'm seriously looking into a new mains cable for my Rotel ra-1520, I mean it can't hurt to try at least one out, can it? Ahhhh well, I'll look for last years - or if any of you know which figure 8 mains cable under 50quid can make a positive difference, now that would be helpful.

Why don't you borrow a £50 mains cable from a hifi shop and get a friend to swap it round with your current mains cable while you wear a blindfold to see if you can hear any difference?

There's no harm in trying.

Reggie Mental

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Noticed no mains products in this years awards, have they had to make way for Iphones and such, or do you no longer believe guys?

Perhaps they realised that reviewing such things made them look clueless.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Mains cables do work, but it also makes some systems sound much worse. Weather it changes the sound to what your looking for is another story all together. I for one think some of the very high priced cables are just not worth it. unless you have very good balanced & revealling system may as well not bother.

I think some companies have made a lot of money from snake oil... >)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts