What next to add??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Im needing some advice on what to add to my current setup TV + speakers setup.

Current Spec:

LG LED 47" 3D tv

Kef IQ 50 (pair)

Onkyo TX SR 508 7.1 Home Cinema Reciever

My question is what to add to this to get surround sound. Ive been told that the KE speakers and the Onkyo Reciever and "bright" in the way they give out sound which I can agree with, both while gaming and watching films there is a lack of mid to low frequency sound. But in all honesty I dont really know where to go next in the way of what to add speaker wise to sort this out and make a surround sound experience. The room is an awkward shape with not maybe plug points and preference would be to have the leaset wires possible. I do understand that a full surround sound experience with very few speakers can be tricky.

Couple ideas of what I've been looking at

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and-personal-audio/home-cinema-systems/home-cinema-speakers/acoustimass-6-speakers

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/series.php?SID=94

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Both of those packages are possible assuming you're looking to replace your KEFs (or at least, only using them for stereo performance by swapping the speaker plugs around).

What's your budget? Any true surround system will need wires getting to the rear speakers somehow, so if you don't want wires and don't have plug points to power the rear speakers, you're a bit limited!

You could look at a soundbar like the Yamaha YSP-600.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply. Id say the budget is £1000. I'd say plug points and wires are not a huge problem it can be worked around. Just sadly the room was decorated before the surround sound idea was born so hiding cables etc isnt much of an option

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply. Id say the budget is £1000. I'd say plug points and wires are not a huge problem it can be worked around. Just sadly the room was decorated before the surround sound idea was born so hiding cables etc isnt much of an option

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts