What NAS?

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

What NAS would you guys recommend for my system. I want to use it as my main listening source for music, put photos and movies on it.

It needs to be easy to use as will be used daily and pictures and music put on it regularly. Would like it to support 1080p,lossless music etc and not cost the earth!!

It will be connected to a Denon Avr 3310 and wireless router via ethernet.

Many thanks in advance

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
A NAS in it's truest sense is just a device used for storage. It doesn't care about what you actually store on it.

Some devices allow you to run specially written programs on them. An Itunes server is pretty common place. However, you don't necessarily need it to run any programs for you to share out your media.

Things you need to think about are how much storage you need now and in the future. This will give you an idea about how many drive bays you need on it.

Popular makes are buffalo, readynas, qnap and thecus.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Just noticed that you want to connect it to your Denon. I'm not familiar with that AVR but I'm guessing that it is DNLA client capable. If that is the case just make sure that your NAS support DNLA

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you I will. Is it easy to transfer media o a NAS ie I have ripped my cd's using apple lossless and photos onto it. I am a complete novice at this so sorry for sounding dumb!

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes it is easy to transfer. Since you are using Apple Lossless that implies that you are using Itunes. Google how to transfer an Itunes library to another drive/computer. The process is pretty easy to follow.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your advice will goole now
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS