What may suit Wharfedale 9.1 Diamond Speakers

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
I have Wharfedale 9.1 Diamond Speakers. What Amp. woold be best for a regular 5x4 living room?
I have now Onkyo TX844 that works fine but is too old...

D

Deleted member 160668

I have Wharfedale 9.1 Diamond Speakers. What Amp. woold be best for a regular 5x4 living room?
I have now Onkyo TX844 that works fine but is too old...
Give me a budget and I'll make some suggestions. My first would be make sure you've got them on decent stands, part filled with sand and out from the wall. I had a pair of these many years ago. They need proper siting and positioning to sound their best. Good budget speakers, but treat them with some love to get the best out of em.

Reactions: Shay.M

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
Any amp will be fine. Choose one with the highest power that you can afford.
thank you.
Give me a budget and I'll make some suggestions. My first would be make sure you've got them on decent stands, part filled with sand and out from the wall. I had a pair of these many years ago. They need proper siting and positioning to sound their best. Good budget speakers, but treat them with some love to get the best out of em.
Thank you. Budjet may be around 1000 usd. I am not sure what do you meen by "part filled with sand"? I must use them on a bookshelf.....with many books around it.
What's your budget? How many speakers have you got?
Thank you. I have only two speakers - budjet may be max 1000 usd.

thank you.

Thank you. Budjet may be around 1000 usd. I am not sure what do you meen by "part filled with sand"? I must use them on a bookshelf.....with many books around it.

unfortunately named perhaps but bookshelf speakers are not best used actually on a bookshelf.
whatever you choose to drive them with isn't going to get the best out of them, also, as we don't know where you live we have little idea as to what is available for your budget but I would suggest a Rotel amplifier is a good place to start.

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
thank you.

unfortunately named perhaps but bookshelf speakers are not best used actually on a bookshelf.
whatever you choose to drive them with isn't going to get the best out of them, also, as we don't know where you live we have little idea as to what is available for your budget but I would suggest a Rotel amplifier is a good place to start.
I can get used Onkyo or new Yamaha (WXA50 for examle) Denon Panasonic Cambridge Audio and so . See attaced setting....

Attachments

• 20210626_180204.jpg
    20210626_180204.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 26

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
Summery

Onkyo A9130 (60w) is 707 usd

Rotel RA11 (40 watts) is 1200 usd
Rotel A11 (50watts) tribute is 1540 usd
Rotel A10 (40 watts) is 770 usd

Denon PMA 600NE (45-70 watts?) is 770 usd
Denon PMA 800Na (85watts?) is 1230 usd

Cambridge CXA81 (80 WATTS) Is 1850 usd

(McIntosh MA5300 (100 WATTS) Is 8300 usd)

So what do you say?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts