What kind of television should I buy to watch movies?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having saved up enough money I want to buy myself a new tv. I'm a bit confused about what type to go for...LCD or Plasma. I never watch tv so it would only be for watching blu ray films and maybe some game playing. I was advised by a sales assistant that LCD is better for movies but having looked into it on the internet, it appears a plasma tv would be better suited to films. (I'm confused!)

I have a budget of about £700-£800 and would ideally like a 42" screen. Any answers would be greatly appreciated...many thanks!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Don't get sidetracked by the different technologies or even the different specs on offer from TV manufacturers and salesmen. Just draw up a shortlist of TVs in your budget by reading some reviews, audition these TVs in a proper low lit showroom / demo room and choose the one that looks best in your eyes watching the kind of material you will be watching at home. Make sure you buy from a reputable dealer who is happy for you to return the set if anything is not to your liking.

Simples.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Dave took the words right out of my mouth. Great Dave's think alike
emotion-1.gif

42" or 80/90"?

"Will you the pork, or will you the lamb?"

A

Anonymous

Plasma TV got mirror reflection in bright lighting room but not LCD. But if you have a proper lighting system in the room, Go for projector.

A

Anonymous

Not at that budget...the need to buy a screen would take it down to 600-700 !!

No reflection from my panny plasma ! But take profs advice....he's right as per......

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If you compare those TV's (regardless of whether they're plasma or LCD) that have shiny reflective screens and those that have a non reflective matt lookng screen, you'll notice that the reflective surfaces have a much better detail and black level. My previous laptop had a matt screen, looked fine. My new one has a reflective screen, and looks so much better. Compare them for yourself and see what you think.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts