What is the one album......

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
.....that you know or estimate that you have listened to all the way through the most number of times (in any format); and why?

Mine; Frank Zappa - One Size Fits All.

My Gran's next door neighbour lent me the vinyl version in the late 70's which I taped and played and played until there was dust flying out of my Pye music centre.

I still play it (the CD) regularly to this day. The reason; probably the finest group of musicians ever to have graced a studio who can still, from start to finish, make a middle-aged bloke smile, cry, dance and wince!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
61gdpYD9OSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
it's either Earth, Wind and Fire...... Live in Rio for the incredible horn section

or The very best of Talk Talk........ just because

Gusboll said:
.....that you know or estimate that you have listened to all the way through the most number of times (in any format); and why?

Mine; Frank Zappa - One Size Fits All.

My Gran's next door neighbour lent me the vinyl version in the late 70's which I taped and played and played until there was dust flying out of my Pye music centre.

I still play it (the CD) regularly to this day. The reason; probably the finest group of musicians ever to have graced a studio who can still, from start to finish, make a middle-aged bloke smile, cry, dance and wince!

A number of them over the years: Bowie's 'Hunky Dory', Kinks 'Sunny Afternoon', The Hollies 'The other side of The Hollies', Crowded House 'Woodface'...

A

Anonymous

amcluesent said:
Hmm, all time listen count is likely something like Slade, "Old, New, Borrowed and Blue" :O

That was a fave of mine but got smashed when the shelves fell on the "music Centre":doh:

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Difficult, as I have to choose between four albums (all Floyd). Guess "Wish You Were Here" would just shade it, but it's close!

A

Anonymous

BT - movement in still life

Fleetwood Mac - Tango In the night

Could never part with either

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Quite surprised to see two BT albums in such a smal number of posts... :star:

Hard to tell. Over the past 20 years, it could be Nirvana's Nevermind.

Why? One of the guys in the store was playing it to death, and at the time, I really wasn't keen on it as it just sounded like noise to me, and at the time I wasn't really into anything noisy. Then one day it just hit me. All of a sudden, I realised it was a fantastic album. From that point, I played it to death too. I was suddenly a Nirvana fan. And then a month later he shot himself. Yup, I was a bit late!

I didn't stop playing it after that, and my cousin also got into it too. Admittedly I've not played it so much recently as I've been discovering new music, but I bought the album in it's 20th Anniversary guise on vinyl and CD, so I'll be rediscovering it in it's new form, orginial form, and unreleased alternative form. I have to say, the new remaster is pretty awesome.

A

Anonymous

Two for me, simon & garfunkels ''Bridge over troubled water'', played the grooves flat as a teenager.

The second would be'' Let it bleed'' the stones best album i think, jagger & richards at their majestical best.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I might have to alter my initial choise, as Ive just realized that Metallica..... Black Album is way in the lead.

Kirk Hammett....... rock guitar god.... >)

Closley followed by Porcupine tree ' deadwing and Orbital 2

oh boy this is rediculous,,, I havnt got a clue!,, :doh:

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
On the Beach Neil Young

Even now I have to ration the playing of it but just love it from start to finish but I would think most played in its entirety would be Exile on Main St

BOF :rockout:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts