What is the first piece of music you listen to after buying new gear?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
When Kamakiriad (Donald Fagen) was released, it seemed like every FOH sound engineer in the country used it for eq'ing. Must be a good reason for that. Suzanne Vega's "Luka" was another favourite for vocals/speech)

Prong.

I always listen to Prong.

They have 3 albums, all with superb production.

Cleansing, Beg To Differ, and Prove You Wrong.

if these sound good, i'm happy.

once i've listened to these, then i put on some Helmet.

Meantime and Aftertaste are absolute classics.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I use two tracks:

Keith don't go by Nils Lofgren, but that can sometimes make any system sound good. Otherwise

Yellow Brick Road by Angus & Julia Stone. This track starts with acoustic guitar and vocals, so good to hear the upper and midrange, then after the first chorus, the bass and kit kicks in, showing you bass response and extension.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I use two tracks:

Keith don't go by Nils Lofgren, but that can sometimes make any system sound good. Otherwise

Yellow Brick Road by Angus & Julia Stone. This track starts with acoustic guitar and vocals, so good to hear the upper and midrange, then after the first chorus, the bass and kit kicks in, showing you bass response and extension.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts