What is the best TV I can get for £300 to £400 pound?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Depends what size set you're after.

Assuming it's 32in - Britain's most popular screen size - we've a Supertest of budget sets in our current, March issue.

The key bargain contender in that test is Toshiba's 32C3030D (available here for just under £400) - not the best you can buy at that size, but I can't think of anything better at that money.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Which would you go for out of:

Toshiba 32c3030d at £400

or the Sony KDL32P3020U at £450

HELP!!

Any advice appreciated

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Sony - we tested them head-to-head for the Supertest mentioned above. Sony is five stars to the Toshiba's four. If you can't stretch to the Sony's price, though (and it was at least £499 when we tested it) then the Tosh is a great budget option.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info!

So the Sony is worth the extra £50 you would say? what is the sound like on the Sony set?

I have seen the Tosh in the flesh and it looked like a great set but I can't find the Sony in a store at the moment to compare.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the Sony's worth the £50 extra.

We rated both sets four stars for sound - neither offers the best level of detail. But to be honest, flatscreens at this price rarely impress sonically. Don't expect fireworks...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that,
amazing isn't it I started looking at a Teco set for £330 then convinced myself to get a known brand decided on the Tosh at £400 now within a couple of days I'm at a Sony at £450!!! I need to buy something quick before I end up spending even more!

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Welcome to the world of home entertainment!!

You've just been bitten by the 'upgrade bug'. Don't fight it - it will eat away at you until you buy something at least 1« times your original budget level.

Resistance is futile.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

if its any help at all, i have a 26" acoustic solutions lcd for £230 and it's great. obviously not as good as a expensive sony bravia etc, but i understand the 32" version is also cracking but lacks the black engine thing that the 26" has. both at argos.

A

Anonymous

What other 26" ones would be in that price range - mostly for using with our new, on-order, PS3?!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts