What is the best Subwoofer Cable?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just purchased a set of Dali Ikon 6 5.1 speakers and I think my new sub could use a new umbilical chord to the amp! (Denon AVC A10SE). It's currently using a 5 or 7m long digital cable (it was supposed to be a long coaxial and a few years old now).

I'm reckoning that it is not helping the sound at all!

2m should do it or at a stretch (for future flexibility) 3m. What is the best 3m cable for this amp / sub combo and will it improve my bass definition?

Thanks in advance!

p.s. (IxosXHD608 coaxial is a dream from DVD player to Amp. Thanks Andrew!)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well. since I did so well last time, I'll suggest you get what I use, and an umblical 'Chord' is definitely the answer!

Try either Chord Crimson Subwoofer, at about £25 for a 3m run, or Cobra Subwoofer, at about £55 for the same length. I reckon Cobra would be your best bet, but my system runs the old version of the current Silver Siren, which was custom-made for me by Chord.

You could email the company's Cable Doctor for some further advice and a price on the 3m run you need - it shouldn't break the bank.

A

Anonymous

Have e-mailed the Doc. Let's see what he or she says!

I'll keep you posted!

A

Anonymous

Chord Cable Doctor never replied so thought xxxx it and bought the Chord Cobra 3 - 3m cable. £39 from HiFix. Looking forward to a much more resolved bassline!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
TBF I think the Cable Doc probably gets lots of mails every day, and probably has a day job making custom cables too, so may take a while to reply. But I am sure you'll be happy with the Cobra.

A

Anonymous

For future reference I'm very happy with the Audioquest Sub-x. At 4.5m its sending everything through to my Velo CHT-12R no problems. Fast, deep, all good ; )

A

Anonymous

What would you recommend for a sub with stereo inputs like the EPOS ELS?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If using it with an AV receiver with a subwoofer output, then as the Epos manual says, "If your amplification system has a dedicated subwoofer output it should be connected to either the left or right low level input."

If using it with the preamp outputs on a stereo amp, then I guess two Cobra cables will be the answer.

TRENDING THREADS