Question what integrated amp for turntable and tv

pnouvell

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone
I'm looking to upgrade my old amplifier I have an Onkyo A9155
I listen to Music mainly from my turntable a thorens TD145 with a garrot K3 .
As speakers I've got some bookshelves Cabasse MT3 antigua .
'I would like an amp to connect also my TV , with a phono integrated, Bluetooth would be nice.

For now I've got :
Nad 3020 V2
Nad 3045
audiolab A6000A
PS audiosprout 100
Marantz NR1200
Nad c338

It's difficult to find a shop to test this in my area .
I've got a budget around 700

Do you think I'm better going down on my budget on the amp and getting a separate phono stage ?

Thanks a lot for your answers

insider9

It's ok. That's a nice budget. Integrated with a built in phono stage would give you most for your money. I don't know your speakers to recommend one though. From your list Audiolab looks the most promising but I'd be very careful buying without a demo. Will you be able to return any of these if you don't like them?

pnouvell

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the answer .

No there is no return policy and the only place where I can test audio are very high end hifi shop, nothing below 1000 euros .
I was wondering if the Marantz nr1200 ,being a mixed between av and stereo receiver, would sound as good as other product from Marantz like the pm6006 .
I wonder if they share the same parts.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure on pricing where you are, but a slightly more left field solution might be the Cyrus One.

I agree with Insider on the demo. It's really risky to buy anything without hearing it first.

But, I did exactly that with my Primare amp, and it worked out beautifully!

Good luck!

pnouvell

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the answers.
The Cyrus is off my budget in Switzerland.
I'm quite found of the Marantz Pm6006 , I've red a lot of good review but I'm wondering if the Nr1200 is a better choice for the future because of the HDMi port and subwoofer line.
I don't really know the DENON brand but I'll look at some reviews.

insider9

Didn't realise CXA60 had a phono stage. Also don't think PM6006 is in the same league as Audiolab. However that's going by price and WHF review. I've not heard Audiolab. The PS Audio Sprout is also a very interesting product. Out of the entire list that's the one I'd want to hear the most.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have heard about many using a better phonostage, even when some amps have a good phonostage built in.

This one is surpose to be really good https://www.schiit-europe.com/index.php/mani-phono-preamp-for-mc-and-mm-cartridges.html

Not as practical as having a good phonostage built in to the amp, but it can sound better.

I have a Mani Phono stage which was bought as a cheap stop gap, it's a budget belter and a keeper I was very pleasantly surprised at how great it is

Reactions: gasolin

gasolin

Even when Op has to buy a Shiit mani it will give better sound then most amps with a phonostage for £433 and €170 which is £581 or €683

I can get a brand new Camnbridge CXA600 for £433 where a new CXA61 costs as much as £749 (richersounds)

gasolin

A better phono stage going into a worse amp ????

I have heard people using a different phonostage with Marntz PM6006 but also a Rega Brio R, that doesn't mean the 2 amps doesn't sound good.

I don't use my digital input, do i need them? No. Would i have liked the amp to be cheaper or have spend the money on better parts in the amp instead of the dac, Yes but it still sounds good

I really don't get your point: do you want a better phono stage going into a worse amp or not as good phono but a better amp

There is no phonostage in a Cambridge CXA60.

And what do you mean about better phono stage going into a worse amp

How do you define a phonostage being better then the amp?

Last edited:

insider9

Which do you think will produce overall better quality sound?
A) quality amp with not as good phono stage
B) great phono stage with a lower level amp
The budget won't stretch it will always be a choice. OP is the only one who will decide. Given the above choice I'd always go with option A.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It's the essence of the hobby isn't It? If you get a fabulous Phono pre you know at some point when funds allow you can upgrade your amp. Likewise if you have an amp with a so so Phono stage built in you enjoy it for what it is but lust after and save up for a nice shiny and dare I say it sexy outboard replacement.
It's what I do anyway.....

D

Deleted member 160668

Here's a curveball suggestion for you...

Arcam A39 which can be picked up new for £599 and has a decent phono stage built in and the first 20 watts delivered in class A.

If bluetooth is a must you could add an rBlink bluetooth for extra, although I would suggest a chromecast is better/cheaper.

I have the A39. It is a solid all round performer and a joy to listen to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts