What Instrument Do You Play?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman:
I always fancy a set of V drum as they can be set to sound like Roland, Pearl, Pastie (including Rude) and such like

Mmmmmmm...........Never tried to play a Pastie before....... Doesn't it just break up and get mince, potatoes and pastry everywhere?

:)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Paiste I mean, well you already know that!

I always have food on my mind! While we are on this subject....The proper, traditional Cornish has turn at the size not the top
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

A lot of drummers and guitarists here, so let me put my hand up for the guys who are the minority! Bassists!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
captain_fishpaste:A lot of drummers and guitarists here, so let me put my hand up for the guys who are the minority! Bassists!

My both hands are up sir, Fender Jazz with Bassman 250 amp. First gig in UK was 1989 in a pub in East Dereham.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Talking of gigs.

If anyone is near Grays in Essex (Near Lakeside shopping centre) tonight.

Pop down to the 'Fat Surfer' (Adjacent to the working mens club) at around 9 pm, and you can watch me in action with my band 'Designs of Chaos'.....Much metallic mayhem may occur!

A

Anonymous

I have a selection of guitars, and a gold tone 4 string banjo.

I hurt myself badly though yesterday during a heavy session when i broke a banjo string.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Talking of gigs. If anyone is near Grays in Essex (Near Lakeside shopping centre) tonight. Pop down to the 'Fat Surfer' (Adjacent to the working mens club) at around 9 pm, and you can watch me in action with my band 'Designs of Chaos'.....Much metallic mayhem may occur!

How was it Chris? (I mean the gig last night, not your hangover this morning!)

T

the record spot

The cello. Badly. Gave up at 13. No Nobel Prize for services to humanity either I notice - pah!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman:
Big Chris:Talking of gigs. If anyone is near Grays in Essex (Near Lakeside shopping centre) tonight. Pop down to the 'Fat Surfer' (Adjacent to the working mens club) at around 9 pm, and you can watch me in action with my band 'Designs of Chaos'.....Much metallic mayhem may occur!

How was it Chris? (I mean the gig last night, not your hangover this morning!)

Went really well. We'd planned a 35 minute set-list, but at the last moment we were told we had a 45 minute slot, so that was a good start (the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned).

There were probably about 50 people there (much less than when we played the same venue about 6 months ago). I guess the problems were.

a. People are away on holiday.
b. They stuck us on with an alternative band from Grays. A couple of kids told us when they found out who the other (headline) band were, the (other) metal kids stayed away.

But overall we were pleased with the performance (although I did drop a stick, the place was like a sauna and i think it slipped out of my hand due to the sweat!!). My Wife said it was the best gig we've done, and the venue has decent sound and a proper stage!! We'll definitely play there again.

Oh yeah. No hangover......Someone has to drive the kit home!

:-(

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman:Nice one Chris, may be one day you could upload part of your gig on youtube for us all to see
emotion-2.gif

I have some stuff I did as a favour to a mate. type in 'The Red in Sophie Loren' on Youtube. You'll find a gig we did a while back at the Metro club in London. It was our farewell gig as the singer Dev had been signed with his other band 'Testicicles' (They split, now he's 'Lightspeed Champion')
Only thing is you can barely see me!!

:)

Will get my current stuff up A.S.A.P.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:By the way TM, can start another thread about the Line 6 Spider to discuss further, if you're considering buying?

Cheers bud...(that's why we need a pm system here!)

I had 15 mins with the Combi and the presets are fantastic
emotion-21.gif
On "nothing else matter" and "enter milkman" memories set, my telecaster sounded just lke James Hadfield's! Simple and Easy...I am tempting even more now.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, it was a bit shouty!!

Anyone know where to get authentic Mesa valves?

My guitarist has a Dual Rectifier & a Triple Rectifier and the Triple is in need of a full set of new tubes, but he's struggling to find authentic Mesa ones.

John Duncan

Big Chris:Yeah, it was a bit shouty!!

My guitarist has a Dual Rectifier & a Triple Rectifier and the Triple is in need of a full set of new tubes, but he's struggling to find authentic Mesa ones.

I thought Chandler's in Kew had them last time I was in, but I may be misremembering, sicne I didn;t think they were Boogie stockists. I suspect Mesa ones are rebadged, but Andertons stock them online or their Guildford store, and Watford Valves are a good source of advice and (in some cases better) alternatives.

Feb 9, 2008
Visit site

assuming the triple uses 6L6's and 12AX7's ...never owned one myself.

https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/1045-mesa_boogie_6l6_str_replacement_tubes

https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/1044-mesa_boogie_12ax7_ecc83_replacement_tube

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts