What hifi team Sub or new speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Question is I'm using a pm4001 and cd5001 on a pair of gale 3040 the amp and cd player are 2 weeks old ,and would like more bottom end should i buy the gale 4070 sub woofer or can you suggest a pair of speakers which will deliver more bottom end for around £150. Depending on the recording the bass can sound flat or should i give the amp and cd more time. The sound quality is good but would like more bass, any suggestions.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Can't imagine you're going to find speakers with greater bass extension than the 3040s for that kind of money, since they go down to a claimed 39Hz.

Similarly not sure the sub's going to help much, as that claims only to go down to 40Hz. The two will thus be trying to deliver the same bass, which could get very messy indeed.

I think the best bet is to wait until the amp and player have run in a bit, as the sound should fill out a bit then.

A

Anonymous

It may have something to do with your room acoustics. A few years ago I moved to a new flat and lost a lot of bass, so ended up getting a sub to fill it in. If possible, try moving your system to another part of the room or house and see if anything changes, in which case you will know that it's positional. To get maximum leverage from a room, try two small subs in each corner, perhaps get one for £150 now and the other later

A

Anonymous

Oh, also mains conditioning / cabling can dramatically boost bass, poor cabling can kill it. Try borrowing something from a dealer to find out

A

Anonymous

Thanks fot the input peteAllen i was using a kenwood Ka 3060R with the speakers in the same postion and had no problems but the sound quality is not as clear or dynamic as my current system. Might just be the fact the amp and cd need to be run in, if not might have to use bass button on the amp as i play my music with tone defeat on

A

Anonymous

Bass boost buttons, erm, best keep that quiet on a hifi forum!
Best of luck tho

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts