What hifi show 2009

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Still alive - London Arthur Mullard Airport for Heathrow, and London Dora Bryan Airport for Gatwick.

And Stansted? Jade, anyone...?

Of course they have to have croaked. Still it is late.

bonzodog

May 23, 2009
Visit site
here in bomb n bullet ridden n ireland (yes its kicked off again ) we have george best airport chain smokin alcoholic football player he was , and theres never a mention of a hifi show ,let alone any big reasonably priced decent hifi shops

pana plasma 42"G10 ,sony 280 hcs

A

Anonymous

I thought there was only 1 big hifi show, nation wide, in the UK. Now I have read on this forum that there is more than 1 hifi show by WHF in the UK. Is the Manchester show the most interesting for hifi and home cinema concerning demonstrations of new products, listening rooms,...? We will come to Manchester airport :) Much faster than the combination Eurostar and train London - Manchester.

Nabs

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
Looking forward to it. What I would love to see is a system room - where what-hifi puts together several systems which will deliver both av and audio rather than sticking to separate 2 channel/ av set ups.

For example one could use a Hi-end system comprising processors and an combination of power/ other hi-end integrated amps seen in their ultimate hi-end issue; then do similar for 2 other different price points.

I would think most people serious about audio/ av build their system up gradually and are left with the dilemma about how to integrate 2channel and multichannel sounds. If one looks at the web and forums individuals try all things having integrated AV amps and taking the 2 front/ 3 front channels in the multichannel setup and feeding them in a dedicated 2 channel/3 channel integrated/pre/power combinations to try and find the right balance etc.

Lets have some demos of such please

A

Anonymous

Clare

Can you tell me where the October 30th show will be?

I can't see it on the Website.

Piers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The London show, due to open on October 30, was cancelled some time back - as you'll see, Clare's post giving the dates was a good while ago.

Instead we're the media partner of the Manchester show this year - see this blog for updated details

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the show has been running for some years, but this is the first time the Bristol Show organisers have been involved, and we have been on board as media partner.

idc

Thanks Andrew, a visit to Manchester is now in the planning, too late this year but definitely next year. I take it the Bristol Show is always in February? Are there any other regular shows that you know of?

idc

Thanks again, Bristol may well clash with school holidays. Schools seem to get way more holidays now than when I was a child.

EDIT - schools are off the week before, typical.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
will the equipment just be on display, or will it be demoed?

will the rooms be suitable for listening, or will it be drowned out by other sounds?

i'm thinking of going, but only if i can see and hear the kit properly.

will i be able to ask them to play a cd? i don't see the point of listening to kit with music i've never heard before.

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Just over a week to go......

The wife has known for months that this is my solo (eldest son says nerd's) day out (no wife, no kids, no other shops).

She tried to highjack last night it wth the "lets all go to Manchester on that day and I'll do some shopping with the kids".

I don't think so....maybe a compromise on "I'll meet you for lunch if we go in two cars", but this is my day out!

Last years's show had a shopping area and Practical Hifi (now Audio T) were shifting some end of line gear. Will that happen again?

Also if you go to other types of show, they sometimes sell their display gear off at the end of the last day. Does that ever happen at hifi shows?

Also (and finally), will anybody be demoing EB Acoustics EB1 speakers. Had them recommended by WHF for my system, but would like to see them in action - they're not on the list of displays

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not sure about end-of-line sales, but there will be a sales desk at the show, and i'm sure there will - as at Bristol - be some show deals. I'll see if we can get a hint of any in advance (at the very least we'll bring you a news story on all the offers next Saturday am!)

Re EB Acoustics - as they sell direct, I doubt they'd find a home in a show run by a retailer! Don't forget they offer a money-back guarantee - you can see and hear the EB1s in your own home, with your own system, and send them back if they don't suit.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Had a hint from the organisers that there will be discounts on some Panasonic Viera TVs, but as Clare says we'll get more info when we're at the show and will post here then.

Bazzy

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

If anyone from London was planning to drive up to the show & return the same day (either Saturday or Sunday) and has space in their car, I would love to tag along - I would of course contribute towards fuel costs! It's just that I am on meds at the moment and really don't fancy driving myself whilst under the influence! Maybe we can arrange where to meet up beforehand?

Bazzy!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Sorry Bazzy, no room left in our van which is packed to the roof with our 2009 Award winners and demo kit, and heading up the M6 to Manchester right now. Did you find anyone else to give you a lift over the weekend?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts