What hifi show 2009

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
GC69:NEC anyone?
Votes please...........
At least its not on bonfire night this year

Nooooooo!!!!! Like Andrew, I remember it (all too) well and it was a disaster. We ended up in a freezing hangar next to the National Doll's House convention, or some such, and I vowed never to set foot in the place again.

idc

Have a vote to see where the most popular place would be, but then again the Spice Girls did that for a concert and the vote was for it to be held in Baghdad, maybe not then...............

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, what's the capitol city of the UK erm.........

LONDON?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
PJPro:Errr...

You can just pop into The Apple Store on Regent Street PJP. Watch out for nerds tho'

emotion-14.gif

A

Anonymous

we forgot that the world begins and ends in London, so the show must be be in London, because if we go outside London we get a nose bleed.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
bullitt:Manchester would be great for WHF show, as everything is always in london !Theres 52 million ish people elsewhere !

We'll be unveiling the 2009 What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision Awards - and demonstrating many of the winners - at this year's Manchester Sound and Vision Show, October 17-18th...

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
bullitt:Manchester would be great for WHF show, as everything is always in london !Theres 52 million ish people elsewhere !

We'll be unveiling the 2009 What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision Awards - and demonstrating many of the winners - at this year's Manchester Sound and Vision Show, October 17-18th...

Thats music to my ears ! and some HD hopefully :)

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
How about Bristol, seeing as it's close to Wales, the West Country, The Midlands and the South West/East of England. It could be worse the national fireplace show is in Harrogate.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:I would travel outside of London, but I don't think I've had the correct vaccinations. Just have Yellow Fever and Japanese Enchaphalitis...

I can't go to London, don't have my passport

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Okay, I've looked at the map and have a plan

South East : London

South West/Wales Brisol

Midlands: Chestefield - reasonable distance from both Manchester and Birmingham

North/Scotland: Kilmarnock

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
nick46:we forgot that the world begins and ends in London, so the show must be be in London, because if we go outside London we get a nose bleed.
I would imagine that London would get the most PR, the biggest attendance, has the largest number of people in the target audience with the cash to buy and is nearest to Teddington...

And of course is easiest for foreign manufacturers to get to via the airports or the tunnel.

ÿ

ÿ

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:And we've done London many, many times before. Thinks it's about time the good folk of the North West got their own show.
emotion-2.gif

I think the North West bought a new system about 5 years ago. Probably not ready to replace it yet.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:

And of course is easiest for foreign manufacturers to get to via the airports or the tunnel.

There are Airports outside of London, and we have Tunnels.
emotion-1.gif

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
laserman16:

emotion-1.gif

The 12.15 flight from Glassssgee to London is deperting at gate 1

800px-Stearman.e75.g-bswc.longshot.arp.jpg

emotion-4.gif

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:laserman16:

emotion-1.gif

The 12.15 flight from Glassssgee to London is deperting at gate 1

800px-Stearman.e75.g-bswc.longshot.arp.jpg

emotion-4.gif

Nice one.
emotion-1.gif

Have actually flown long haul from both Manchester and Gatwick and Manchester gets my
emotion-21.gif
everytime.

In fact Gatwick was an absolute nightmare.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:In the current manner, is it called Manchester Ena Sharples Airport yet?

Not as I know of but as you say "in the current manner" anything could happen.

emotion-1.gif
Maybe Heathrow Dot Cotton Airport.
emotion-1.gif

BTW I don't live anywhere near Manchester so I'm not banging their drum as a local. My local airport is Birmingham which is a bit provincial.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts