What Hi Fi?

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Reading what hi fi improves once it has been burnt in for a month.

If you place your CD player south by south east it improves the performance.

Hanging upside down from the ceiling in ankle cuffs improves the sound stage. If you do this whilst trying to remember how many episodes of 'The Antiques Roadshow' there have ever been will increase realism but reduce the desire to live.

Some dealers have changed their hair styles to shorten cicuit paths and reduce THD.

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm just setting the co-ordinates for my CD de-ionising, dehumidifier before donning a full anti-static suite. You just can't be too obsessive or retentive about this hi-fi business you know!!!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You live in an anti-static suite?

[quote user="Hi Fi Decision"]You just can't be too obsessive or retentive about this hi-fi business you know!!!![/quote]

Oh, I think you can...

A

Anonymous

a very large valve amp that has doors locked from the outside and padded walls? also, i dont think that it is an 'anti-static' suite you will be donning...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hi Fi Decision"]
Hmmm, I bet there is a high correlation between hi-fi obsession and owning a start trek outfit.
[/quote]

im sorry but im not very familiar with "start trek"? perhaps there is also a correlation between being a looney and being iliterate?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Now-now people, play nicely
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I don't see it as being obsessed with Hi-Fi. I see it as being obsessed with (or loving) music so much that you strive to want to reproduce it as naturally and realistically as possible, so that you can connect with it completely.

Cheers, Marco.

A

Anonymous

The Hughes Guide to Being Hi-Fi Savvy

First, make sure your amplifier (especially a valve one) cannot get any air in or out, a good coat or a rather large cat will sufface. This will ensure it warms up rather quickly and keeps the gas bill down.

Secondly, check you have the loudness button on and make sure that the bass and treble trims are at rougly 5 o'clock - we don't want to be wasting precious power now do we people?

Next, verify the volume dial. Is it at 12 o'clock or less? If so, give it a nice turn just clockwise - it will be set right when your room lights start dimming and you can see a good 5 inches of excursion from the woofers.

Another important thing to remember: make sure your CD player is plugged into the phono input with the cartridge selection button set to MC if possible - this will ensure you can get more out of your 50watts per channel.

Speaker wise, make sure you have connected the positive on the amp to the negative on the speakers and if you're biwiring, don't let that metal interconnect come off!

A firm push on the tweeter will improve treble and take off some of the harshness - a bit of Puretone Totally Addicted to Bass at 5 o'clock for about an hour will thoroughly run the woofers in.

And most importantly of all make sure you have some good quality interconnects. We recommend LiDL's audiophile range or alternativly you could use MRS. VAN DE TRAMP'S MY NAME IS connects which will produce a much more upfront sound which will really push the drivers past your ear.

And that's it! Follow these simple steps and you really can't go wrong! Follow down with a packet of Garybaldis and have fun!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts