What HDMI cable?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I've got two key appointments at the Consumer Electronics Show - one with the HDMI Association, the other with the Wireless HD crew. I hope to come away with some interesting news from both!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, your government is in control. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their -------- skulls together and congratulate you on the living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free to do what well tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!
This is Bill Hicks by the way (gawd bless him). Not sure why this been posted here though...

A

Anonymous

Meaning spell it out I will....

(Yawn) Why is this topic still going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on when it could be sorted relatively easily? I can fully understand some of the frustrations some of the people on this thread (and the other thousands) have and I don't believe being told to zip it is the answer. If this forum and the mag wants to attract more and more people it will have to talk about this endlessly unless it puts some (possibly) industry harming data out there for the human race to see. There is obviously a distinct lack of trust between the consumer and the marketeers in the hifi/HC industry, can they really afford to damage this further during these times?

I'm no conspiracy theorist / serial killer / hermit type but I believe HDMI cables are one of the things in our little world that people get led completely astray and I wish their PR people (or whoever) would educate people as to the benefits of their products so we can be reassured in our purchases.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:
I don't believe being told to zip it is the answer.

Not my intention at all -
emotion-16.gif
merely meant I am keeping schtum and out of this one this time. Been round this track far too many times...

A

Anonymous

I think my new years forum resolution is to stop commenting on HDMI threads and instead silently anticipate the revelation should it ever come.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Just flicking through the pages of the current magazine (new one out on 07.01.09 b.t.w.) and an advertisement caught my eye on page 76 - see they do work! - admittedly from an HDMI cable manufacturer but it says:

"...So it is fully accepted that errors will occur. That's why HDMI products utilise complicated error correction..."

The ad then goes on to explain how this company tries to combat this within their cables.

I'm sure that those in the industry would take action if such claims were unfounded.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
I certainly wasn't being sarcastic - more exasperated, to be honest.

We already blind-test cables (ABX) just as described, and all our star ratings are already based on performance per pound - so a pricier cable has to perform significantly better than the best budget ones to gain a decent star rating.

That's why you'll find plenty of pricey cables with low star ratings in our reviews section - they're not necessarily dreadful wires, but they're simply not good value when compared to the class leaders at lower prices.

But, as previously mentioned, i'm happy to publish the results of our next HDMI-fest if it helps!

Cheers Claire.

Im honestly not 'having a go' at anyone in particular. So please dont take it as such. Ive just found it very hard work to get ANYONE to actually stick their necks out and say 'yes, hdmis DO vary in quality'. I have myself, and been shouted down on many occasion and all I get thrown at me is there are NO known scientific examples of hdmi cables varying under 3m in length. Whatever I say in return is pretty much meaningless until someone somewhere can PROVE they do vary.

I personally KNOW they do from my own experience. But I clearly have no REAL answers why. So all the none believers just laugh and take the p*ss out of the cost of my cables as they know no better (But I DO understand their viewpoint)

Cmon Claire, dont let us down
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts