What has Happened to London Grammar ?

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
They released their fantastic Cd "If you Wait" in 2013 but there has been no new album since, I realise that "If you Wait" will be a hard act to follow but I would love to see a new album .

I wonder why there has been nothing new from them, does anyone have any inside information ?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I supose some bands aren't in a rush to get new material out, and might want a break from exhaustive touring? Royal Blood haven't been around for a bit either, but I'm sure we'll see these artists very soon - if they weren't just in it because they enjoy it, they'll be back.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I too am eagerly awaiting their next offering. 'If You Wait', I agree, will be a very tough act to follow.

Beautiful songs, great sound quality and Oh, THAT voice! *man_in_love*

shadders

Hi,

I don't know wot you mean guv, lundun grammer 'as always bin the same, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

To the contrary, I thought this was a post complaining about how people spoke, given the title. Oh well.

Regards,

Shadders.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
I too am eagerly awaiting their next offering. 'If You Wait', I agree, will be a very tough act to follow.

I really hope they put this song on any new album, I have just melted into a pool of emotion after listening to it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo80bXyEbkE

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they'll be able to improve on the mediocre DR ratings of 8 to 11 (depending on version) for their next album?

Music this good deserves to be heard without having been squeezed through the compression machine.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
lindsayt said:
I wonder if they'll be able to improve on the mediocre DR ratings of 8 to 11 (depending on version) for their next album?

Music this good deserves to be heard without having been squeezed through the compression machine.

I'm surprised at this. It sounds great on both my systems. - If it could sound better, it would be fantastic.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
The best albums come from hitting a strong seam of emotion that only comes with time and experiences. This was one of those albums. A good band won't release any old carp, and will wait to release something that is actually worth listening to. Their last album is currently firmly in my top ten albums, joining the likes of oasis and massive attack, the Beatles and Hendrix.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
lindsayt said:

I'm surprised at this. It sounds great on both my systems. - If it could sound better, it would be fantastic.

+1 I'm glad you said that because both digital versions I have and the vinyl sound absolutely superb on both my current and previous system. I struggle to imagine a better sounding album. Obviously I listen to the tunes with cloth ears... ;-)

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Electro said:
Infiniteloop said:

I really hope they put this song on any new album, I have just melted into a pool of emotion after listening to it .

If you want it on CD it is available here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I8CUFDO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003ZUXQA8&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=Z39JXPEDZF1SPJQ75HP3

The whole album is brilliant in both content and quality of recording.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Electro said:
Infiniteloop said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I8CUFDO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003ZUXQA8&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=Z39JXPEDZF1SPJQ75HP3

Just bought it . *drinks*

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Electro said:
Gazzip said:
Electro said:
Infiniteloop said:

Just bought it . *drinks*

Nice work...

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
Infiniteloop said:
lindsayt said:

+1 I'm glad you said that because both digital versions I have and the vinyl sound absolutely superb on both my current and previous system. I struggle to imagine a better sounding album. Obviously I listen to the tunes with cloth ears... ;-)
I'm struggling to think of something in the same genre that is better recorded.

Sade's Diamond Life & Promise, Rickie Lee Jones's Flying Cowboys, Grace Jones's Island life, Slave to the Rhythm & Nightclubbing are all different genres.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
lindsayt said:
luckylion100 said:
Infiniteloop said:
lindsayt said:

I'm struggling to think of something in the same genre that is better recorded.

Sade's Diamond Life & Promise, Rickie Lee Jones's Flying Cowboys, Grace Jones's Island life, Slave to the Rhythm & Nightclubbing are all different genres.

Try these

Sophie Jamieson - Where, is a similar genre and very well recorded.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5Fdmrx66RVnchcBFhfTImt

Artic Lake - Only me .

https://open.spotify.com/track/1eFGGDqe5u7gTu8fxvlLu6

Arthur Beartrice - Keeping.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2PBfX5HPwobctcNMBOfkVU

Airelle Besson - Radio one.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1WaE94mIiHJlYWlcOh8Dxy

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
..so streamed it on iTunes (deluxe version). They are growing on me! As for SQ, mostly good but on "Help me loose my mind", there's a fair amount of amplitude pumping from too much compression being applied. Other tracks seem fine. Maybe it's the version.

Some bands don't produce stuff that often - Portishead for starters.

TrevC

Infiniteloop said:
lindsayt said:

Certain music sounds better with a limited dynamic range. High dynamic range doesn't necessarily equate with higher quality sound.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop said:
lindsayt said:

Certain music sounds better with a limited dynamic range. High dynamic range doesn't necessarily equate with higher quality sound.

No disagreement from me. When you turn up bass too far - you don't just get more bass - it effects the mid-range & the entire sound. So-called bass overhang. Ssomething similar applies with compression - use too much & you get fairly severe amplitude distortion rather than just a limited volume range. Severe amplitude distortion is difficult to describe - the closest I can get is one strand of a mix starts modulating the rest. Maybe I'm more sensitive to it than others. I'm not even sure anyone knows what the hell I'm talking about here!

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop said:
lindsayt said:

To your ears on your system, maybe.

To my ears on my systems, most definitely not.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Dynamic range is only one factor in creating a good recording.

A recording of a piece of music can still sound awful even if it has a very wide dynamic range and vice versa .

The DR database is a useful guide but only tells a small part of the story especially as no one seems to know how they measure it because it is clearly not the distance between the loudest and quietest audible sounds.

I have some wonderful dynamic sounding recording that don't score that well on the DR database and others with a similar score that sound truly awful.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Still waiting and looking forward to Tool's new album......10 years or there abouts since 10000 days was released.just hope it ain't gonna be 10000 days until they release it.lol.I might be dead.

It had better have been worth this very long wait... too many side projects I fear, although they can tour...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts