What has happened to Arcam?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
thfcwestlower:?? you mad man
emotion-2.gif

Oooo - Hark at you...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sorry - poor attempt at play on words.

And love your new catchphrase: "Where's those slippers" could really catch on - at least in a kind of 1940s radio sitcom way

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
thfcwestlower:
Gerrardasnails: I know the post was about Arcam's new stuff but people were comparing the looks to be as boring or obvious as Cyrus stuff. I wouldn't buy Cyrus purely because of what they look like. I just read the brilliant review in this months edition and it could cost £200. I don't want that glittery shoe box on my rack.

So you wouldnt use the XTse/DAC-X for £200 despite it being light years ahead of your cd (dvd) player in terms of how it sounds? I didnt realise people were so fussy about what it looks like. Each to their own, and I know Im biased as I have some Cyrus equipment, but how can you not like the look of this:

cyrus20_hark1b.jpg

?? you mad man
emotion-2.gif

I suppose I could hide it away and afford some really long interconnects! No, I don't like that look at all. Each to their own I suppose. I like the look of my CA amp and Arcam disc spinner. Plain, clean lines and heavy boxes.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
thfcwestlower:
Gerrardasnails: I know the post was about Arcam's new stuff but people were comparing the looks to be as boring or obvious as Cyrus stuff. I wouldn't buy Cyrus purely because of what they look like. I just read the brilliant review in this months edition and it could cost £200. I don't want that glittery shoe box on my rack.

So you wouldnt use the XTse/DAC-X for £200 despite it being light years ahead of your cd (dvd) player in terms of how it sounds? I didnt realise people were so fussy about what it looks like. Each to their own, and I know Im biased as I have some Cyrus equipment, but how can you not like the look of this:

cyrus20_hark1b.jpg

?? you mad man
emotion-2.gif

Ramos is the mad man for letting us have Keane! I cannot wait to see him lining up alongside my namesake and Fernando!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:
Andrew Everard:Sorry - poor attempt at play on words.

What's wrong with "where's those slippers??"
emotion-4.gif

We wouldn't part with money if your mag was no good
emotion-21.gif

Huh? What? All I was doing was making a joke about our Spurs-supporting friend's championing of the Cyrus Hark rack.

Tsk! You have to be so careful what you say these days...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:Ramos is the mad man for letting us have Keane! I cannot wait to see him lining up alongside my namesake and Fernando!

Fernando and the snail? Sounds like a drug-fuelled version of Mamma Mia!

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:I suppose I could hide it away and afford some really long interconnects! No, I don't like that look at all. Each to their own I suppose. I like the look of my CA amp and Arcam disc spinner. Plain, clean lines and heavy boxes.

Fair play. I like the Arcam look, but really dont like the LCD panel on the 840a, but as you say, each to their own.

As for football, I cant believe our whole forward line has left us.

Signed, a very disgruntled Tottenham season ticket holder!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:plastic penguin:

Andrew Everard:Sorry - poor attempt at play on words.

What's wrong with "where's those slippers??"
emotion-4.gif

We wouldn't part with money if your mag was no good
emotion-21.gif

Huh? What? All I was doing was making a joke about our Spurs-supporting friend's championing of the Cyrus Hark rack.

Tsk! You have to be so careful what you say these days...

I love my Hark, what a piece of kit. The build quality is superb (hollow central beam to hide all wires), and ultra heavy. it really does tigthen things up with it's isolating properties. Plus I think it looks the dogs danglies too!

Shame about the ROHS rulings forcing it into retirement

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
And funnily enough I do actually have some slippers which I wear most nights. So it's completely right about these Arcam lovers

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:
JoelSim:And funnily enough I do actually have some slippers which I wear most nights. So it's completely right about these Arcam lovers

This is spooky! I have a pair as well. They're are hanging on the wall . . . . .next to me pipe.
emotion-15.gif

Mine have come back into fashion I've had them so long. Nice moccassins.

Ooh they are comfy tho'

T

the record spot

Clare Newsome:Re the Cyrus comment: Not buying awesome-sounding kit because of what it looks like? I thought it was only us women that were so superficial
emotion-14.gif

"You can have it in any colour you like as long as it's silver...or black"!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:If Arcam owners are synonymous with slippers, pipe and maybe a cloth cap - what are Primare owners synonymous with? (Cough! Cough!)

sadeso5010672201053970.jpg

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Loake brogues, Marlboro Lights and RayBans perched on head, mate........
emotion-5.gif

ahh but i bet primare owners would smoke the raybans wear the M bro lights on their feet and put the brogues on their heads :).....

but actually i have an arcam amp and have some slippers too, i wear them on aircraft as well as at home

see the theory is valid arcam = slippers

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
see the theory is valid arcam = slippers

Slippers play a vital role in sound deadening (furry inners) and making you feel comfortable so that you can listen to music in a more relaxed manner

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts