What has happened to Arcam?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I want one of those 1970-1980s Mercedes SL280s for my first car - can't get more pipe and slippers than that - and I'll get it in silver to match my Arcam!

A

Anonymous

After the Volvo I had an Impreza. Now I have a Peugeot Partner. You have no idea how that feels....

A

Anonymous

Taksinridgeback:Now I have a Peugeot Partner. You have no idea how that feels.

Like being in slow motion and constipated at the same time? Oh, and whilst listening to an Arcam?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:I want one of those 1970-1980s Mercedes SL280s for my first car - can't get more pipe and slippers than that - and I'll get it in silver to match my Arcam!

Funnily enough mine is silver to match the Arcams, and funnily enough the Kenwood CD in it is absolutely rubbish, bright, grating, euch it's horrible. The Blaupunkt in my old Alfa was actually pretty good.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Taksinridgeback:After the Volvo I had an Impreza. Now I have a Peugeot Partner. You have no idea how that feels....

Pretty damn disappointing I would imagine. Like selling your Arcams and buying an Aiwa.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:Funnily enough mine is silver to match the Arcams, and funnily enough the Kenwood CD in it is absolutely rubbish, bright, grating, euch it's horrible. The Blaupunkt in my old Alfa was actually pretty good.

In our Jeep Grand Cherokee, there's a Boston Acoustic Sound System...put simply, it's 276watts of awfulness...

Best hi-fi in a car my parents ever had was a BMW M3 - It had a Harmon/Kardon system in it and it was superb! Also the Lexus IS200 had a nice one!

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
Pretty damn disappointing I would imagine. Like selling your Arcams and buying an Aiwa.

My nan has an Aiwa component system from the 70s and it's nearly as good as my Arcam! No joke! Superb thing - there's a review on Hi-Fi world of it and they say it was really good!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:Hughes123:I want one of those 1970-1980s Mercedes SL280s for my first car - can't get more pipe and slippers than that - and I'll get it in silver to match my Arcam!

Funnily enough mine is silver to match the Arcams, and funnily enough the Kenwood CD in it is absolutely rubbish, bright, grating, euch it's horrible. The Blaupunkt in my old Alfa was actually pretty good.

It will be a while before you pass your test young man, so pipe down will you please

;-)

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:JoelSim:Hughes123:I want one of those 1970-1980s Mercedes SL280s for my first car - can't get more pipe and slippers than that - and I'll get it in silver to match my Arcam!

It will be a while before you pass your test young man, so pipe down will you please

;-)

One and a half years now...it's not that far away.... So put that in your pipe and smoke it...
emotion-5.gif

matthewpiano

Hughes123:JoelSim:Funnily enough mine is silver to match the Arcams, and funnily enough the Kenwood CD in it is absolutely rubbish, bright, grating, euch it's horrible. The Blaupunkt in my old Alfa was actually pretty good.

In our Jeep Grand Cherokee, there's a Boston Acoustic Sound System...put simply, it's 276watts of awfulness...

Best hi-fi in a car my parents ever had was a BMW M3 - It had a Harmon/Kardon system in it and it was superb! Also the Lexus IS200 had a nice one!
BMW - great! Lexus - great! JEEP???????? What you want is a nice VW Passat or Eos with Dynaudio pack. Superb!

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:
BMW - great! Lexus - great! JEEP????????

Mum wanted to feel "safe" on the school run - it's a nice 6.0 V8 SRT-8 though! 0-62mph in 5 seconds and it'll easily do 155mph! Then again, it's currently got an average of 8.2mpg...................................

Dad's car is a Renualt Megane 1.6 though, so at least he's got some taste!

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:What you want is a nice VW Passat or Eos with Dynaudio pack. Superb!

Nah, Mercedes CLS500 is our next car - not sure what hi-fi that has in it though (usually Mercedes isn't too shabby)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano:I should perhaps be honest at this point - I am a VW salesman.

Well Paul McCartney was so famous VW named a car after him

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:matthewpiano:
BMW - great! Lexus - great! JEEP????????

Mum wanted to feel "safe" on the school run - it's a nice 6.0 V8 SRT-8 though! 0-62mph in 5 seconds and it'll easily do 155mph! Then again, it's currently got an average of 8.2mpg...................................

Ouch! I bet that car gets very little use with fuel the price it is. I thought my 3.0 Ford Maverick was bad at 18/20 MPG. I only ever use the Maverick to carry my drums around.

T

the record spot

JoelSim:Taksinridgeback:After the Volvo I had an Impreza. Now I have a Peugeot Partner. You have no idea how that feels....

Yeah, but who made the better tape deck eh? Arcam about 400, Aiwa.......
emotion-5.gif

John Duncan

JoelSim:matthewpiano:I should perhaps be honest at this point - I am a VW salesman.

Well Paul McCartney was so famous VW named a car after him

Are you thinking of the earlier models with the Wankel engines?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts