What ever happened to Technics?

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Sorry if this is a stupid question or you think why do we care but i have had a technics cd player and amp for over 15 yrs which were top of the range at the time and are still going strong but i never see their equipment anymore. Were the bought out or did they go bust?

Does anyone know?

Regards

Howard

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Matsushita, the parent company of Technics and Panasonic, decided some time back to stop selling hi-fi under the Technics name. All that remains now are the DJ tunrtables, some headphones I think, and musical instruments.

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.

Thats a shame (in my opinion). Guess i will have to stick with my old set up till it gives up. This could be a long time as my mum has a technics set up which is 25 yrs old or more! LOL

A

Anonymous

I have a brosure for technics products in the year 2003, they have some amplifiers and cd players, tape decks and tuners made that year....they don't look very good mind...there is an incredible looking tuner though with flashing needles!
emotion-3.gif

- I think it's a shame too!

- Oh, and I bet you anything that the technics system you have will go on for another 10 years or more!

A

Anonymous

We've got 2 Technics systems in our house and the CD players on BOTH have packed up within the last year.
New system this year I reckon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts