Question What do you use for power

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

abacus

If you want proper clean power spend money on a battery backup like those used for computers. Or as others have stated a power plant/regenerator like those sold by PS audio very expsensive.

My Sugden a21 draws a lot of power so that goes straight in the wall, lower-powered devices are on a strip that came from wilko for 3 quid 20 years ago. Power is power THOUGH i find things sound better when not ganged up on power blocks and extensions and it is very noticeable, especially for high-power items

Well if you can hear the difference in a double blind test then you are certainly unique in the human race.

Bill

Reactions: SteveR750

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
If I have to change my power supply to get the best out of my hi-fi (no matter what What hi-fi sound and vison or the people on audiophile forums tell me) then my hi-fi has failed me and its time for me to get new hi-fi.

Reactions: SteveR750

Dom

If I have to change my power supply to get the best out of my hi-fi (no matter what What hi-fi sound and vison or the people on audiophile forums tell me) then my hi-fi has failed me and its time for me to get new hi-fi.
Ok, its all in our minds but at least my Eaton 3S 850 UPS is IEC 61643-11 compliant. It means it can protect my gear against a lighting strike. So its worth having IMO. (y)

D

Deleted member 201267

At the moment I am using a basic Robert Dyas 8 socket surge protected extension which is fine. For my birthday I will start using an Eaton 8 socket low noise 510w UPS. Hopefully it will be better for audio needs because its low noise.

I was wondering what you nice people use to power your hifi.

CD / AMP both plugged direct into wall sockets.

Never used an extension block as i have never needed one.

Once a year clean mains plugs with a DeoxIT wipe.

Reactions: Dom

Tonestar1

I've used a Tacima for years, never noticed any difference in sound quality. However in my old flat I used to get interference on my TV picture, little bits of noise popping up in the picture every few mins. Once I plugged in TV into the Tacima they went away, thought i was going mad and tried moving it back, and noise in the picture reoccurred. So it was definitely doing some sort of filtering which improved my tv picture. Maybe I had a crap mains feed or RF interference somewhere. For little more than the price of a standard surge protection unit at the time it was a no brainer.
In short I could pass a double blind with it but only if i could see the telly in my old flat :)

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
At the moment I am using a basic Robert Dyas 8 socket surge protected extension which is fine. For my birthday I will start using an Eaton 8 socket low noise 510w UPS. Hopefully it will be better for audio needs because its low noise.

I was wondering what you nice people use to power your hifi.
Electronics has very adequate internal protection.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts