Question What do you use for power

Dom

At the moment I am using a basic Robert Dyas 8 socket surge protected extension which is fine. For my birthday I will start using an Eaton 8 socket low noise 510w UPS. Hopefully it will be better for audio needs because its low noise.

I was wondering what you nice people use to power your hifi.

Samd

All my 'kit' goes through a protected power strip which itself plugs into a wifi socket which plugs into a wall socket. The wifi socket switches everything off at midnight till 1130 the following day. I would be interested if you discern a difference.

Dom

All my 'kit' goes through a protected power strip which itself plugs into a wifi socket which plugs into a wall socket. The wifi socket switches everything off at midnight till 1130 the following day. I would be interested if you discern a difference.
It could be tonally different. I will let you know.

record_spot

At the moment I am using a basic Robert Dyas 8 socket surge protected extension which is fine. For my birthday I will start using an Eaton 8 socket low noise 510w UPS. Hopefully it will be better for audio needs because its low noise.

I was wondering what you nice people use to power your hifi.

Standard plugs, no boutique connects, and a couple of Masterplug adapters to give me additional plug connections. Beyond that, it's all stock.

Reactions: Al ears

abacus

10 way surge protected power strip, anything else is superfluous for 99% of the population. (Power system in the UK is pretty good)
If there is a major problem get a re-generator, as conditioners (No matter the price) are useless and any changes in sound are purely placebo. (Just do a double Blind test for proof) Also a lot of the magic HI Fi stuff has not been tested for safety so should be avoided at all costs.

Bill

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
If you want proper clean power spend money on a battery backup like those used for computers. Or as others have stated a power plant/regenerator like those sold by PS audio very expsensive.

My Sugden a21 draws a lot of power so that goes straight in the wall, lower-powered devices are on a strip that came from wilko for 3 quid 20 years ago. Power is power THOUGH i find things sound better when not ganged up on power blocks and extensions and it is very noticeable, especially for high-power items

Timbola

Nov 2, 2022
Visit site
Tacima 6 way power conditioner for DAC & Streamer. Amp goes straight into the wall.

I notice a positive difference of less noise with the DAC & Streamer plugged into the Tacima.

I notice a negative difference (strangled dynamics) if I plug the amp into the Tacima.

Reactions: Al ears and Dom

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts