what do you think of quality of Harbeth ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
My english is not good. So I cannot make this kind of Youtube. And mine is not 40's anniversery version.
I hope to make this kind of youtube with my speakers and Harbeth does the same thing to me (replacement woofer) . My poor english.

And my hand is not hairy.
I hope you get the situation resolved, unfortunately your problem isn't with Harbeth it is with the dealer you got them from and it is them that should be rectifying the problem.

D

Deleted member 160668

and my hand is not hairy (complete with pic) - that made me laugh.

Anyway, hope you get it sorted

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
I must offer my apologies to the OP. Both him and the guy with hairy hands who made the video, have an SHL5 Plus, and they have the identical problem with the woofer. I was sure it was the same person! So sorry.

It seems Harbeth let a few bad looking drivers through quality control. I also would be unhappy with this. It is the dealer's job to convince Harbeth to change the woofer. Best of luck getting it sorted.

D

Deleted member 108165

Seems kinda strange to me that both these incidents appear to be in the Asian market... coincidental? Never heard of anything similar reported in the EU or US markets.

Are there some dubious dealers attempting to sell B grade stock as A grade?

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 160668

I got small discount, less than 10 persent(no replacement woofer).
The small shop which sold me the speakers gave me that.
Harbeth hasn't sent me any reply yet.
I'm not sure of the rules in your country, but could it be worth approaching your bank or card provider. Here in the UK we are covered if we have issues with large purchases so I would guess banks potentially offer a similar protection elsewhere. That way if you are unsatisfied with the quality and your purchase, you might be able to get your money back.

As a side comment: I'm about to start looking around for some new speakers up to a value of c£5k with the intention of making a significant upgrade in Jan next year. It does not inspire confidence in a brand if others comment on not even getting a response to an issue.

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
I got small discount, less than 10 persent(no replacement woofer).
The small shop which sold me the speakers gave me that.
Harbeth hasn't sent me any reply yet.
How are you communicating with Harbeth? As far as I know, they can only be reached directly through the Harbeth user group. Maybe sign up and link this thread.

Most dealers have some sort of return policy. Maybe you can return them for another pair or product? It sounds like poor service I must say.

D

Deleted member 108165

As a side comment: I'm about to start looking around for some new speakers up to a value of c£5k with the intention of making a significant upgrade in Jan next year. It does not inspire confidence in a brand if others comment on not even getting a response to an issue.
Don't write Harbeth off too quickly. I've had dealings with their customer service dept on a very minor issue and they were outstanding, top-notch, as are their products.

This thread is a mystery to me. I'm sure there's more to this than we are aware of.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts