What do you think is the worst abum/song ever?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
robjcooper:amarocknrollstar:robjcooper:
For something which is allegedly 'proper music', then an unequivocal yes (Bohemian Rhapsody and Freebird are both very close runners up).

Someone suffering from a serious inferiority complex.....?

Not sure quite what point you're attempting to make. Just because the three pieces of music I mentioned leave me cold, makes me inferior to you ? I'm not a musician so I'm not feeling inferior in my non existent musical skills to those of the musicians in the bands concerned either. Perhaps you felt the phrase 'proper music' was inappropriate - I used the phrase to differentiate my choices from the 'comedy records' (for example 'Funky Moped' - sorry Jasper) which were never intended to be anything greater than throw away and are probably the worst examples of music ever made but as such would have been easy and quite boring examples. When most of us were first on this thread a couple of months ago there was some really good humoured banter and some excellent debate - as well as bringing back memories of some of the dirge the world of music has inflicted upon its consumers. So i'm not sure what your rather barbed and unnecessary one liner is about. Just because, I assume, you don't share my musical tastes why should that make me feel inferior?

Perhaps you'd like to explain?

And back to the thread, anything with AutoTune on it..Cher, you have a lot to answer for girlfriend !

Robjcooper - apologies if I offended you. Twas never my intention. :)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
johnnyjazz:No that wasn,t the old girlfriends name

Oh, I assumed she was called Sung-it Sung - I guessed you were having one of your Woody Allen moments at the time...

A

Anonymous

Anything by The Lighthouse Family or M People makes my skin crawl!

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
bobbyg81:Anything by The Lighthouse Family or M People makes my skin crawl!

Lighthouse Family - pure bland tripe.

M People - I find it scary how a guy who was one of the forefathers of modern house music (Mike Pickering) got involved with such an average poppy band...

A

Anonymous

Worst album track - Emerson Lake and Palmer's version of the Ode To Joy from Brain Salad Surgery.

Worst single - Englebert Humperdinck's Release Me.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
ChrisMM:

Worst album track - Emerson Lake and Palmer's version of the Ode To Joy from Brain Salad Surgery.

Worst single - Englebert Humperdinck's Release Me.
There is no version of Ode To Joy on Brain Salad Surgery. Jerusalem and Ginastera's 1st Piano Concerto are reinterpreted but not Ode To Joy. I have never heard an ELP version of Ode To Joy.

koolkeith

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Anything by Queen wins for me by a country mile. So awful are they I'm still not convinced they weren't put together by the Spinal Tap lot. Have you noticed that people who like them usually have flat feet, hate black music & can't dance ?

A

Anonymous

johnnyjazz:
No that wasn,t the old girlfriends name

Oh, I assumed she was called Sung-it Sung - I guessed you were having one of your Woody Allen moments at the time...

Yea, i always wondered why she only came up to my chest and never wanted to go out for a chinese
emotion-17.gif

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
koolkeith:Anything by Queen wins for me by a country mile. So awful are they I'm still not convinced they weren't put together by the Spinal Tap lot. Have you noticed that people who like them usually have flat feet, hate black music & can't dance ?No, but I have noticed that people who make sweeping generalisations usually have .........I have resisted the temptation to fill that in, but don't you see how offensive your post was?

jc.com

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
roger06:

This is the BEST song ever...

Coincidentally it is also the best video ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dbU2f90OAw

My life is now complete!

A

Anonymous

hammill:There is no version of Ode To Joy on Brain Salad Surgery. Jerusalem and Ginastera's 1st Piano Concerto are reinterpreted but not Ode To Joy. I have never heard an ELP version of Ode To Joy.

You could be right - it's something on that album anyway. I'm not about to get another copy to find out!

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
PhilAllen:
bobbyg81:Worst song could be 'Monster' by The Automatic. Whats with the keyboard player/screamer?

I am glad somebody else feels this way.

The first I heard of The Automatic was on Zane Lowe's show. He played their original first release, not "Monster" (which I thought was awful), but a song called "Raoul" which I actually quite liked. As for the rest of their output. Er, well...

A

Anonymous

Don Jr:Lady Gaga is tough to beat. She's right up there with Britanny Spears in the no musical talent category. I heard some Kid Rock recently and that made me want to quit listening to music all together. I live in the U.S. and we've been big on popularizing people with very little talent, especially in the last 15 years or so. All those I've mentioned thus far are perfect examples. Here's one more perfect example....The Jonas Brothers. They're not big on talent, and the only reason anyone knows who they are is becuase all the 12 year old girls think they're cute. I have to dig deep to find talented musicians to listen too, usually discovering them through public radio shows.

I think you are being a little hard on Gaga. Everything I've heard about her says that she writes her own music and chooses or designs all the costumes she wears. She actually sings too. In other words she is very active in the process of making her music and videos. Now, she may not be to everyone's taste. Yes, she's a pop star and performs pop music. But there is some real talent there, what she is doing is different than everyone else, and reducing her to the level of Britney or Ashlee isn't very fair.

Frankly, Bad Romance is a great pop song and way better than anything that Madonna, for example, has done.

the_dude2

Aug 25, 2007
Visit site
For some reason i dont seem to mind Bad Romance, which disturbs me a little bit
emotion-7.gif

Long live Rock!
emotion-1.gif
(amongst other genres and cross genres and stuff)

A

Anonymous

THE BIRDIE SONG - I WANT TO KILL SOMETHING WHEN I HAVE THE MISFORTUNE TO ACCIDENTLY HEAR IT ALSO ANYTHING BY DEXYS MIDNIGHT RUNNERS,THEY MAKE ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF.

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
The Kelly Family - An Angel

Worked at a record store when this first came out, and felt sick every time I had to take someone's money for it!

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Vampire Weekend's first album is the whiniest, wingiest, plastic piece of loathsome nonsense I ever heard in my life. I would rather listen to the birdie song backwards on a 24-hour loop than subject myself to one listen of that again - the only album I ever bought that became a wine glass coaster. Dreadful tosh.

Currently listening to: Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
amarocknrollstar:robjcooper:amarocknrollstar:robjcooper:
For something which is allegedly 'proper music', then an unequivocal yes (Bohemian Rhapsody and Freebird are both very close runners up).

Someone suffering from a serious inferiority complex.....?

Not sure quite what point you're attempting to make. Just because the three pieces of music I mentioned leave me cold, makes me inferior to you ? I'm not a musician so I'm not feeling inferior in my non existent musical skills to those of the musicians in the bands concerned either. Perhaps you felt the phrase 'proper music' was inappropriate - I used the phrase to differentiate my choices from the 'comedy records' (for example 'Funky Moped' - sorry Jasper) which were never intended to be anything greater than throw away and are probably the worst examples of music ever made but as such would have been easy and quite boring examples. When most of us were first on this thread a couple of months ago there was some really good humoured banter and some excellent debate - as well as bringing back memories of some of the dirge the world of music has inflicted upon its consumers. So i'm not sure what your rather barbed and unnecessary one liner is about. Just because, I assume, you don't share my musical tastes why should that make me feel inferior?

Perhaps you'd like to explain?

And back to the thread, anything with AutoTune on it..Cher, you have a lot to answer for girlfriend !

Robjcooper - apologies if I offended you. Twas never my intention. :)

stevie, fully accepted.

by the way, that's a fine collection of superb Hi-fi classics you've got there. Had a 63 Ki Sig myself - was devastated when it stopped working !

Enjoy

Back on the thread - Most of P. Diddy's doings are diabolical.

Rob

A

Anonymous

Too many to mention - though last year it was Black Eyed Peas 'I Gotta Feeling' . Other candidates include Gerry Rafferty's 'Baker Street' and B-52's 'Love Shack'. Oh, and anything by Bob Dylan !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts