What do i have to do....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
to spend a day in the What HiFi test room? What joy must be had to sit in a comfy chair watching and listening to all the latest up and coming goodies? Learning how products are tested and how best settup correctly whilst drinking coffee and eating doughnuts!? Enjoying volumes that cannot be acheived in most married house holds! What do i have to do ??? I await you reply/bribes....

A

Anonymous

You do realise that they are massively overpaid for doing just that all day long?. What hope a bribe?. I suggest you bug their Christmas party then threaten to dish the dirt to the Sun.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="david1997"]
I suggest you bug their Christmas party then threaten to dish the dirt to the Sun.

[/quote]

Would the Currant Bun be interested in a long, rambling diatribe about football, HDMI sockets and railway engines?

A

Anonymous

Forget the bug, John. Plan B; get out the telephoto. Would love to help but my back is still bad after my fall from the stepladder.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="david1997"]

Forget the bug, John. Plan B; get out the telephoto.

[/quote]

Move along, ladies and gentlemen - nothing more to see here...

A

Anonymous

Im not after a job, just a chance to spend the day with the team, learning, listening and getting emotionally errect at all that expensive hifi.

I would of cource be well behaved, cater for all your food/drink needs and help out where ever possible :)

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
ÿNext time we have a job vacancy we'll make sure it's advertised on the site...

[/quote]

Do you have a vacancy for a non-technophile with an ear for an interesting tune? Or have you guys and girls ever considered broadening your remit ever so slightly to include features on the multiple joys of recorded music. How hi-fi is, ultimately, a conduit to one of life's great pleasures. I've got some good (and some fairly ordinary) pitches on the aforementioned. Shameless punt over!

A

Anonymous

Or apply with a grand sounding title: Deputy Editor in Chief, Radiogram Magazine. That ought to do it.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="david1997"]
Or apply with a grand sounding title: Deputy Editor in Chief, Radiogram Magazine. That ought to do it.

[/quote]

Tried it. Cuts no ice.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Mentioned in the office the other day that maybe 'a day with the test team' might make a smart competition prize, and no-one actually laughed at the idea. No promises, but watch this space...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
This thing between you and Simon Lucas is rather scary, in a kind of sweet and charming way...

emotion-3.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Mentioned in the office the other day that maybe 'a day with the test team' might make a smart competition prize, and no-one actually laughed at the idea. No promises, but watch this space...

[/quote]

As a came up with the idea, that must put me down as the test pilot? I'll come down for the day/1/2 day, meet the team, a test or two in the demo room, look how your day is filled. Perhaps a few words in the mag of my experiance. Dont worry about travel/expenses - i'lll cover that, just would relish the experiance.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Problem is, we were talking about it before you posted, and coincidentally our subscriptions people came up with a similar idea as a subscriptions incentive, so nice try, but no cigar, sorry...

A

Anonymous

What if I agree to subscribe to January's issue with an a purchase option for February and March. With that amount of guaranteed income, I must surely be only a teleohone call away from an invite.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]I don't want to see the demo room or sitting in a reviews progress....I just want to have lunch with Simon Lucas :)[/quote]

Just as I suspected...

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]I don't want to see the demo room or sitting in a reviews progress....I just want to have lunch with Simon Lucas :)[/quote]

I thought you would have tried for lunch with the lovely Claire at least, Thaiman!

However, having had a nice long discussion with Simon Lucas at one of the WHSAV shows a few years ago, I can see your point. I'd like to have lunch with Andrew, never met any of the rest of the team so can't comment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts