What do i do?! Please help...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Im totally new to the whole sound system business, so i apologize now for my lack of knowledge, basically, bought an old AIWA mini hifi system several years ago and have since thrown away the speakers and added my own denon sc-m50s. My old hifi system was 60W RMS and provided 6ohms. This, for me, was more than enough volume and on max volume with high bass my speakers would vibrate A LOT and giveout a high volume of air. I was also happy with the sound quality. HOWEVER, i spilt tea on it, so it doesn't work anymore, which brings me to my dilema. I have no idea about what i need/want, but money is always tight. I've done some reaserach but can't decide if i need a seperate amp? or a new hifi system or what...? Please help!

Thankyou in advance.

Adam Ben-Hamo

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Welcome Adam

Can you supply a little more info:

Max budget

Type of source ie. record/cd/streaming

Type of music you listen to

Size of room

Without knowing these type of details, a useful answer is difficult

A

Anonymous

My max budget is no more than £100, but i already have speakers and do not need a cd player or anything.

I have a large room, perhaps, 12x7m.

I listen to A LOT of music, but im not all that bothered about great quality, i just need good bass. The system is connected to my computer so all music comes through there :)

thanks

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
if you already have a source and speakers then just get an amp, no point paying for things you don't need.

are you happy with used kit? you could probably get a decent NAD amp on ebay for that budget.

Paul.

I have denon sc-50's in my office, they are rebranded mission speakers, very good. £100 will get you a hell of a lot of amp second hand, I saw a marantz pm6010 ose ki signature go for £101 the otherday that would do the job nicely.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
adambenhamo said:
My max budget is no more than £100, but i already have speakers and do not need a cd player or anything.

I have a large room, perhaps, 12x7m.

I listen to A LOT of music, but im not all that bothered about great quality, i just need good bass. The system is connected to my computer so all music comes through there :)

thanks

A large room filling amp, with good bass, for £100 new, isn't a likely prospect.

As the guys on here have said...go for second hand, on the likes of ebay or gumtree. Watch out for the recognizable names eg. Arcam etc

A

Anonymous

Adam, you'd better to save more money till you get enough savings to purchase a real hi-fi setup.

Unless you buy second-hand equipment, a decent hi-fi setup will cost you about 600 pounds.

Sugestion: you can save money by purchaseing a pre-owned integrated amp (ARCAM, Creek or Rega) and a pair of loudspeakers (Acoustic Energy Evo, Tannoy Revolution and Monitor Audio Bronze Series) and keep the rest of your budget to get a brand new player (optical lens has limited lifetime).

Regards,

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
as you have speakers and dont need a cd player then just buy a second hand amp off ebay. £100 will get you something pretty decent.

what will you be playing your music from?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts