What difference does age make?

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I'm being forced to look at a possible upgrade to my TV as my darling children have drawn on the screen with some keys leaving me with some lovely swirly grafiti.

Now the TV in question is a Sony KDL-40V2000 which was rated 5 stars back in 2006 and I believe then became the whathifi tv of the year. I have been really quite happy with it but I'm not sure what improvements in picture quality etc a new TV will give me (if any) and what I should actually look for. One example at the top of the list is the Samsung LE46C750 which I saw also received 5 stars but in comparison the two TV's were launched in completely different price brackets.

My budget would be about £800 max and given where I live in Sweden I cannot easily find stores with stock models or willing to put on a demo display which makes my need for advice even greater...should I even be looking at LCD? Any good LED or maybe even Plasma alternatives? I would defintiely be looking at 46", not wall mounted and for everyday use plus bluray and xbox online shooters...please help!

Thanks,

Franklioni

Don't worry about TV technology too much. Plasma, LCD & LED lit LCD TVs all have their strengths and weaknesses. Just buy the TV that looks best to you.

Panasonic, Sony, Samsung and LG all are leading players in the TV market and have some very good TVs within your budget.

How important is 3D for you?

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. No 3D is not paramount, a nice gimic yes but certainly not a showstopper if it doesn't have it. I think overall picture detail and 100hz is at the top of the list.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts