What did you purchase on Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales?

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I said I wasn't going to succumb to the temptation but I am not always consistent in keeping to my own promise. I was thinking about the benefits of graphene carbon headphone cables for my Hifiman, I believe it has 10 times the conductivity of cooper and it was out of curiosity that compelled to buy these from Aliexpress. These were priced £124 but reduced to £72.

It'll be interesting to see how these compare to my existing headphone cables.

1701182598100.png

1701182645993.png

I'm not sure I really needed those cables but my impulse buy has given over to buyers remorse, I hope I don't regret.
Any of you made some interesting purchases in the sales? It would be absolutely fabulous to hear from you! :)

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I was hoping for something from Eversolo, but couldn't find an offer at all. Allegedly, someone on this forum has been creating such a demand for their products that they don't need to lower their prices to sell off excess stock! Allegedly!
And you think these guys will give me comission......I don't know I bust my back.....cheap skates :ROFLMAO:

Friesiansam

I said I wasn't going to succumb to the temptation but I am not always consistent in keeping to my own promise. I was thinking about the benefits of graphene carbon headphone cables for my Hifiman, I believe it has 10 times the conductivity of cooper and it was out of curiosity that compelled to buy these from Aliexpress. These were priced £124 but reduced to £72.

It'll be interesting to see how these compare to my existing headphone cables.

View attachment 5617

View attachment 5618

I'm not sure I really needed those cables but my impulse buy has given over to buyers remorse, I hope I don't regret.
Any of you made some interesting purchases in the sales? It would be absolutely fabulous to hear from you! :)
This: "8-core single crystal copper silver-plated graphene cable" makes no sense at all. Far from being 10 times more conductive than copper, silver is about 5.4% more conductive than copper at 20C. https://www.thoughtco.com/electrical-conductivity-in-metals-2340117

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I know you are sure that you didn't 👍

As for being 10 times more conductive than copper....you might be thinking of superconductors.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday means very little to me - never have bought at that time.
I buy mostly the things I need when I need them (so not much at all).
I'm not sure where I got the 10 x....A big pinch of salt whenever you read something off the internet.

See below.....yeah another big pinch of salt.

1701188515847.png
The bad Chinese English is sometimes difficult to decipher, this cable is essentially 8 core OCC copper with silver and graphene plated cores. I think it would the very least, serve my curiosity but not sure how much better it would sound over my existing cable?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
This: "8-core single crystal copper silver-plated graphene cable" makes no sense at all.
It doesn't, to encrypt the badly written English, I had to look at the same product that a different supplier was selling, abeit, at a much higher price. Essentially it's graphene and silver plated single crystal OCC eight core cable.

Friesiansam

I'm not sure where I got the 10 x....A big pinch of salt whenever you read something off the internet.

See below.....yeah another big pinch of salt.

View attachment 5620
The bad Chinese English is sometimes difficult to decipher, this cable is essentially 8 core OCC copper with silver and graphene plated cores. I think it would the very least, serve my curiosity but not sure how much better it would sound over my existing cable?
Graphene has the form of a one atom thick sheet. You cannot "plate" a wire with it and, I suspect it would be very difficult at best to wrap it around strands of wire. I strongly suspect no graphene has ever been anywhere near those cables.

WayneKerr

Graphene has the form of a one atom thick sheet. You cannot "plate" a wire with it and, I suspect it would be very difficult at best to wrap it around strands of wire. I strongly suspect no graphene has ever been anywhere near those cables.
Add this to the fact 'proper' graphene is extremely expensive. I guess in translation graphene and graphite have been swapped, whatever, it's still BS.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
A very big pinch, yes.
We can see how much higher the number is for graphene.
But what is MS/M.
Presumably something per metre.
I should probably know, but I don't - and I suspect that it helps them that others don't question the numbers.
Does this help?
A tandem mass spectrometry (TANDEM MS), also named as MS/MS, is a two-step technique used to analyze a sample either by using two or more mass spectrometers connected to each other or a single mass spectrometer by several analyzers arranged one after another.
:)

Gray

Does this help?
A tandem mass spectrometry (TANDEM MS), also named as MS/MS, is a two-step technique used to analyze a sample either by using two or more mass spectrometers connected to each other or a single mass spectrometer by several analyzers arranged one after another.
:)
Cheers, it helps me to understand why I didn't know what it was 👍

Back to bargains, I did get an email that to say that Bax were knocking 7% off everything.
Making a pair of Adam T5V just under £240 (and T7V not much more).

That's the sort of value that could tempt me....but it didn't because I don't need them.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Apparently you can make it into cables? Cerious make graphene cables for insane prices, check the link.

I think it can only be used as coating which is mixed in with the silver. You are correct, it cannot be made into copper strands.

Last edited:

WayneKerr

Apparently you can make it into cables Cerious make graphene cables for insane prices, check the link.
If you are a serial cable believer then you'll lap this up, but as with all cables it still proves nothing. Graphene is the new buzz word and has now trickled down to hifi cables as the new next big thing. All graphene is not created equal, the most pure can cost hundreds of thousands per tonne, bet they don't use this in cables.

Reactions: daveh75

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts