What Connection

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Had a nice morning of demo's and finally got my gear sussed (just waiting on funding) narrowed down to the following

Rega RS3

Naim 5i

Rega Saturn CDP

Chord Chameleon I/C

Now the question that is now rearing its ugly head is which connection is better the 5pin din or RCA?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:

Am assuming from that, that this subject is along the lines of mains cables and HDMI leads??

Igglebert what do you use??

A

Anonymous

Morning. I use RCA because that's what my CDP, pre and power all have. When I had the 405 gutted by Netaudio, David Pritchard fitted gold RCAs and got rid of the DIN socket. The only reason I wanted to stay as RCA was simply because I already have an expensive stack of cables (expensive enough).

Which is better? No idea. The DIN is appealing because it seems to be more solid. The RCA in comparison seems flimsy and exposed. Naim reckon DIN is better so if starting from scratch, get DIN I guess. Just remember that you'll be restricting yourself in future.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
TrueBlue, you are going to have a Naim (with 5 pin DIN and RCA phono options) and an Apollo (with only RCA phono).

The obvious connection option is going to be RCA phono.

If both units were Naim then it would be worth experimenting - though I suspect Naim's own 5 Pin DIN would be optimal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts