Finally Happy (But for how long?)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After some bargain xmas shopping and a generous girlfriend i finally have the setup i have wanted for quite a while. Just waiting for the amp to come back from Cyrus and then all is complete. I now have the following setup: (Pictures to follow shortly)

Cyrus 8vs2

Cyrus CD8x (Chord Chameleon Silver Plus)

Project Debut 2 (Van Den Hul D102 Mk3)

Rega Fono

PS3 feeding DAC Magic

Rega R3 (Chord Rumour 2)

Tacima and QED Mains

Hopefully this will keep me happy for sometime. New purchases being PS3, DAC Magic and CD8x. All housed in a nice unit (visually, not sure about sonically). Can't wait to get some serious listening sessions in now. I will try and post some pictures ASAP for anyone who may be interested.

Frank

A

Anonymous

Sound like a nice piece of kit. Ive got an older taste of cyrus equipment, Cyrus 3i and CD6 with fm & tuner. Let me know how those regas sound with cyrus kit. Ive borrowed the Main speakers from my surround (acoustic energy neo 3) but theyre going to have to go back when i move, so on the look for cyrus friendly speakers. Happy listening!!!!

A

Anonymous

Superb! You've got some superb bits of kit there (I think so anyway!). Those Regas are very good speakers for the money. Hope you enjoy every minute of it.

A

Anonymous

JonAJon:Sound like a nice piece of kit. Ive got an older taste of cyrus equipment, Cyrus 3i and CD6 with fm & tuner. Let me know how those regas sound with cyrus kit. Ive borrowed the Main speakers from my surround (acoustic energy neo 3) but theyre going to have to go back when i move, so on the look for cyrus friendly speakers. Happy listening!!!!

Cheers. There are a lot if people out there with some of the older Cyrus stuff, still going strong! I have had the amp for a couple of years and had an Arcam CD73t with it and the Rega's and was very happy with the sound. The Rega's are perfect for relatively small rooms and i find the overall sound to be superb. They are not the biggest for bass but i find they give me just enough. I have not heard them with the Cyrus CD8x yet but got it as an absolute bargain. I will let you know once i have.

A

Anonymous

tj27:sounds good, got any pics!?

Not yet, should be getting the amp back this week so will post them ASAP.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

igglebert:Superb! You've got some superb bits of kit there (I think so anyway!). Those Regas are very good speakers for the money. Hope you enjoy every minute of it.

Cheers Iggy,

I love the Rega's and have pretty much upgraded everything around them. Have had them for a few years now and the only ones i preferred to them when auditioning, was their bigger brother the R5's. Budget was all that stopped me. Just can't wait to get my amp back so i can test the DAC Magic and the CD8x with all my kit. I have been waiting since Xmas.

A

Anonymous

Just a quick update before i get some pictures on here. I think the answer to my question of how long will i be happy for is a LONG time. Got the amp back 2 days ago and have had a couple of decent listening sessions. Firstly the CD8x:

I personally think this is a fantastic CD player and noticeably better than my old Arcam CD73T. (It should be given the RRP difference). I had read and heard a lot about the CD8x being bright, but i must admit i'm finding it fantastic with all my favourite music. Tested it with some Eva Cassidy, Artic Monkeys, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Rat Pack stuff and Kings of Leon. Fantastic detail,stereo image, timing and bass etc. Just a wonderful player IMO. The overall feeling was just more enjoyment and foot tapping with all my music.

Dacmagic:

Again, very impressed with this unit, being fed lossless WAV's and 356k ATRAC from my PS3. Initially it sounded quite tinny and bright but after a couple of days is getting better. I can hear a difference between the 356k ATRAC and Lossless WAV's though which was expected. generally just a little more detail. The difference isn't night and day though.

As a comparison between the Dac and CD8x, at the moment the Cyrus is winning. More bass weight, detail and soundstage etc. I'm not too fussed though as the PS3 and Dac combo is more for convenience, so if i really want to listen to a certain album i will just use the CD8x. I don't know if anybody else has any experince with a similar comparison but it may be that the Dacmagic needs more time to "burn in" if you believe that sort of thing. Anyway i will give it more time and keep listening.

idc

The forum demands pictures
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

idc:The forum demands pictures
emotion-2.gif

And the forum shall have pictures this weekend! I have done the best i can without upsetting 'er indoors as far as furniture etc goes. I have had to use an oak unit we already owned to house everything, but i think it looks quite nice! Will post pics ASAP, maybe even tonight!

TRENDING THREADS